Hoping the east/left side of the bridge (looking from Moncton) will be made into a cycling/walking trail. Right side, of course, is for the boat launch. Would be nice the know the landscaping plans on both sides of the bridge.
The silt is really filling in on both sides of the old gate structure so I think they'll let that process play out. There will be a great opportunity to create some nice public space there, especially on the up-river (west) side. I haven't seen any specific plans on what it's going to look like, but hopefully we'll see something nice created.
MoeMar Homes has started excavating for their 71 unit apartment building on Runneymeade Rd. This one will next to the 55 unit building currently under construction, which they've built pretty quickly.
This is a great video showing the construction of the new bridge. There's been a lot of progress since the last video. It's not a long video so I slowed down the playback speed to get a good look. It's really taking shape, including paving!
We drove around the traffic circle yesterday evening and noticed the streetlights leading up the bridge were on, saw the pavement, saw no one else around and realized it'd be pretty easy to just drive up on over the bridge!
We drove around the traffic circle yesterday evening and noticed the streetlights leading up the bridge were on, saw the pavement, saw no one else around and realized it'd be pretty easy to just drive up on over the bridge!
Yeah, I think you could actually make it across to Riverview and straight up the hill!
Yeah, I think you could actually make it across to Riverview and straight up the hill!
They usually park all of their equipment sideways across the the Riverview side, presumably to prevent people from getting on the bridge. I did notice in that video though that they didn’t pave all the way back to the traffic circle. I sure hope they are planing to do that.
They usually park all of their equipment sideways across the the Riverview side, presumably to prevent people from getting on the bridge. I did notice in that video though that they didn’t pave all the way back to the traffic circle. I sure hope they are planing to do that.
Makes sense that they would block it off. There'd probably be some yahoo trying to drive across!
They moved it to their project on Gunningsville Blvd.
Since the project on Gunningsville is 4 floors and the Tides is 5 floors, perhaps the smaller crane was moved and a tower crane is coming to Coverdale Rd. Not sure if that's the case, but I guess we'll see.
Since the project on Gunningsville is 4 floors and the Tides is 5 floors, perhaps the smaller crane was moved and a tower crane is coming to Coverdale Rd. Not sure if that's the case, but I guess we'll see.
That would be my guess. Would that make 7 tower cranes in greater Moncton? Not to mention the mini ones.
[QUOTE=josh_cat_eyes;9352819]That would be my guess. Would that make 7 tower cranes in greater Moncton? Not to mention the mini ones.[/QU
The 6 floor projects like Tannery Place use tower cranes so at 5 floors, The Tides using a tower crane makes sense. Or else why would you move your mini crane to the Gunningsville site just to bring in another one for Coverdale Road.
Thrive Properties are really hustling to get these developments started. And they have so much more stuff in the pipeline.