Quote:
Originally Posted by logan5
Yes, that would be inappropriate at this point in time.
The extent of this is still unknown. It seems very likely the number is much greater than what was previously imagined. Kinda shocking that this is being downplayed by some.
|
First admit that your assumption, due to your prior ignorance on the issue in that these unmarked graves were unknown / not public knowledge, as wrong.
I had no special access or connection in this situation, yet somehow I already knew of this situation from my basic High School curriculum and watching documentaries and docu-dramas on CDC.
Amazing how you completely ignored that aspect of what was explained above.
Thousands of children died in residential schools (most from infectious diseases from poor health standards and neglect) and the bodies were never returned to their families = mass graves near the schools. It really wasn’t a difficult dot to connect even decades ago.
Also love how the far left is no giving such symbols as the 🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵 National flag to the right wing. Seriously, we’re at a time where even wanting to celebrate your nation or have any pride in Canada equals right wing…
Whatever, everything is the 🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵 these days.
The obvious bias in reporting has been fun to watch in how it has been engineered to create as much outrage as possible. If I was ignorant on the issue beforehand I can see how the poor reporting in the media could lead me to believe that these are new discoveries of priorly unknown events, giving me an image of children being lined up and shot (seriously, many of the BBC articles haven’t even mentioned the causes of death, intentionally left vague so the imagination can fill in the rest).
And this is what I hate most about the current political discourse, is that before these “discoveries” I actual my was pretty sympathetic towards what happened at the residential schools, but now I see how they are being used as political pawns for social outrage it makes me feel more distant from the subject.