Quote:
Originally Posted by wong21fr
|
I understand the sentiment but not the logic.
But Heh, if I see news video of the gang bangers, wannabe thugs and the mentally unbalanced lining up to comply then I'll be impressed. Otherwise it does nothing to solve real problems; only inconveniences people that don't commit crimes. Of course conservatives love to point out the most violent cities and their politics.
The Good News is that Colorado and its cities are still seen as nice place to live and relatively safe.
Portland can't say that. In places like San Francisco (or Los Angeles) where gangs of shoplifters are in and out with bags filled before police arrive, retailers are either cutting back their hours or closing their doors.
Does San Francisco suck?
Quote:
|
Forty percent of residents are planning to leave the city in the next few years, a poll conducted by the San Francisco Chamber of Commerce suggested, and 8 out of 10 San Franciscans believe crime has worsened in the city, leading to a lower quality of life for them.
|
----------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by spr8364
Actually, Kiewit is on the west side and not part of the new downtown. Aside from some earth moving for the roads and some new apartments and a light rail station, not much is happening there. It really just started in the last month or so.
|
I seem to be on a roll... Think I knew this but I guess I just 'wanted' it to be on the other side. Thanks for the correction.
New affordable apartments on the way by Koelbel.
Quote:
On Tuesday May 25, Koelbel and Company, Coventry Development Corporation, the City of Lone Tree, and the Colorado Housing and Finance Authority celebrated the groundbreaking of the first affordable housing project in Lone Tree.
Koelbel & Company recently received a highly competitive CHFA financing award for the project, which will be located right at the RTD RidgeGate Station and will welcome residents in 2022.
|
Courtesy of Keolbel and Co via Denver Gazette
-----------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by laniroj
110 foot tall automatic storing/storage facility - this sounds rad. Need more of this Tokyo-esque stuff in Aerotropolis!
|
This place is awesome; it even has a dedicated bike path.