Quote:
Originally Posted by logan5
Does this go to the height limit. I assume there is one. (Talking about the office tower)
|
There are no viewcones or viewcone restrictions in that location.
There's some concern about shadow casting on a residential park just slightly to the north east of the site, but as that park is significantly downslope from this site, no amount of height trimming will mitigate shadowing from it.
But you can still expect some of the usual NIMBY-ism backlash.
As for actual height limit for this site, I don't believe they're building it to the maximum height allowed.
The residential development farther up the street on Birch and W. Broadway recently applied for (and got) a height increase for their development from 15 storeys to 28 storeys which will make it the tallest tower in the area until this office is built, and the South Granville station office building, though only getting built up to 5 or 6 storeys tall now, is understood that at some point in the future they will come back to apply for an extension for an office tower for upwards of 350 feet tall.
All of which is to long-windedly say that I don't believe height restrictions are necessarily an issue for the city at this location currently.
It's probably the developer's call to not build it up to the max they can get (or even apply for taller) at this point.
(Return-on-investment, NIMBY concerns,....and all that).
EDIT :
I just saw from the report that they are in fact building it to the maximum height allowed for the site (300')...
.....with a 15' relaxation for the crown above.
So ignore everything I said prior.