The plan enables up to 300 homes to be added over the next 20 years, mostly in the form of duplexes, triplexes and townhouses along the outer streets, and three- to four-storey low-rises closer to the water.
The plan contemplates one building of up to six storeys on Nelson Avenue – but only if rental housing is included, and one building of up to five storeys next to the BC Ferries Terminal, but only to incentivize a boutique grocer and/or rental tenure housing.
With the Horseshoe Bay local area plan now in the books, district council may move on to other neighbourhood planning processes, including Ambleside and Taylor Way.
Didn't they just shoot down a RapidBus? That can't be good for the North Shore...
They attempted to, but they failed because R2 line went ahead.... thank heavens!
It only runs to Park Royal - community opposition killed the Ambleside and Dunderave stops. So now they want denser neighbourhoods with no rapid transit.
Is MONOVA at the quay opened yet? I'm dying to see exhibits of the old tram (street-car) and hopefully lots of WW2 docks and shipyard displays. The contribution of North Vancouver to the war effort was immense and I hope they showcase that.
Is MONOVA at the quay opened yet? I'm dying to see exhibits of the old tram (street-car) and hopefully lots of WW2 docks and shipyard displays. The contribution of North Vancouver to the war effort was immense and I hope they showcase that.
And they approved a 6 storey building across the street in 2018.
Quote:
North Van chops top storey from Upper Lonsdale rental project
When it came time for a vote, Girard brought a motion to remove the top storey from the project.
Staff cautioned the late-in-coming change would make it unclear what the final unit mix would be, though it would likely reduce the number of three-bedroom suites council had asked for, and it would certainly come at the expense of at least one of the below-market units.
“I did appreciate the applicant’s comments and all the changes that they had come back with and essentially addressed what council had put forward as concerns,” she said. “I just didn't think they went far enough with respect to the height.”