HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Transportation


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #8  
Old Posted Jun 11, 2021, 2:44 AM
lrt's friend lrt's friend is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 12,811
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truenorth00 View Post
This is the same old debate we see everywhere.

I saw it in Toronto when they did St. Clair. "It's going to kill business to get rid of parking!" "We need the visibility." Go back there now and not one merchant will tell you they want the parking spots back.

I would think people would understand this intuitively. Whenever you go shopping, you're likely out walking in a mall or walking a particularly street. When was the last time you drove down a street to find a store.
Countless times. Also, to familiarize oneself with the location of businesses. I didn't know that business was there. I must go there sometime.

This is not so much about parking in front of the store (although businesses do like that), but visibility to passers-by. You know the old saying, 'Out of sight, out of mind'.
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Transportation
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 3:51 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.