Quote:
Originally Posted by WarrenC12
Well it's a replacement, what is the current capacity of the school in question?
I can't believe any net new school would jump the queue ahead of Olympic Village.
|
Right, but it's a
new building - they're going to build on the soccer field and then tear the old one down. Surely they could build it to 4-5 floors and get one, maybe two-thirds more capacity?
As Changing City pointed out, it's a 1:1 replacement for 398 students (2019). It's estimated to fall to 267 over the next eight years, so Senakw and Molson get... 137 spaces between the two of them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatnext
I don't know why the Squamish, CMHC and the CoV don't get together and repurpose the unused portion of the old Granville Island Emily Carr campus as an elementary school. Arts Umbrella took one part but there is still a large building, already divided into classrooms sitting empty. I don't see the demand for more retail there but it is a perfect walk from Senakw for kids.
|
There's an idea. Though from what little I know about Arts Umbrella, they're not very good about sharing.