HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #11  
Old Posted May 31, 2021, 7:05 PM
Mr. Blue Mr. Blue is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hybrid247 View Post
I agree, low floor rolling stock is the biggest drawback in what I otherwise see as fantastic light metro system. I'm curious, though, as to what low-floor LRVs you think have better layouts than the citadis.

Personally, I find the the siemens S70s in Seattle to be quite nice. I like how they kept the low floor section of the LRVs open and spacious for accessibility and standing room, which appears to make up around 60% of the interior space, while concentrating most of the seating in the high floor sections near the cabs.

The only issue that comes to mind with the high-floor/low-floor mix is that such LRVs might not be able to achieve lengthy configurations like the citadis.

If Ottawa did go high-floor but still decided to use LRT tech, the S200s would be a great canadate.
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:16 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.