HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Business, Politics & the Economy


View Poll Results: Who should be the next mayor of Ottawa?
Mark Sutcliffe 8 15.38%
Catherine McKenney 43 82.69%
Bob Chiarelli 1 1.92%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #11  
Old Posted May 19, 2021, 1:03 AM
Truenorth00 Truenorth00 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 29,106
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoNerd View Post
Dude, where do you live that you think this about Ottawa? You must live in some god forsaken place like Barrhaven or equivalent.
Cyrville.

I like where I live. But there's no denying this town has a very strong suburban bias. I think of my colleagues. About 70% of the team stays outside the Greenbelt. And I'm the only one with kids staying in the Greenbelt. The truth is that there's a ton of people in this city who really couldn't care about its urbanity. They want their 0.1 acre be lot and their federal PS pension and that's it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoNerd View Post
As someone who lives in the urban inner-greenbelt and avoids the burbs like the plague, nothing could be further from the truth. Ottawa and Mississauga have very little in common as cities. Mississauga is like Nepean.
I was clearly being a little facetious. But I find it interesting that cities like Mississauga which didn't have much history have had to come to terms with sprawl and think about building an actual urban core, over the last decade. Meanwhile cities like Ottawa take their urbanity for granted and have decided to just let sprawl run.
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Business, Politics & the Economy
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 2:50 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.