HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #11  
Old Posted May 15, 2021, 6:39 PM
wwmiv wwmiv is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Austin -> San Antonio -> Columbia -> San Antonio -> Chicago -> Austin -> Denver -> Austin
Posts: 5,846
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wattleigh View Post
Heh. I joke with a couple of friends that I know that live in OKC that I hope they enjoy living in North Dallas at this point. They don't take too kindly to that...

Also



HEB might be surprised to know that.



The map also doesn't take into account the 9 Joe V's Smart Shops, 2 Mi Tiendas or 1 Central Market locations (HEB Properties) that are around town.

From what I recall - their entry into the Waco area was interesting - they branded all of their Waco metro locations as PLUS! stores and even had a loyalty club exclusive to that area to entice people to come in.
Your map is deceiving because of the shape and size of the location markers relative to the map zoom level.

A google maps search indicates there’s a single HEB location, not counting the other chains, on the east side of the metro between I-610 and Beltway 8 and I-45 (on both sides of town). That’s ~1/6 of the metro area without easy access to an HEB.

And on the south side between I-610 and the beltway there’s only one HEB between 45 and 90. Thats another huge swath. And that one is on beltway 8 itself.
__________________
Houston: 2.4m (+3.9%) + MSA suburbs: 5.4m (+12%) + CSA exurbs: 200k (+5%)
Dallas: 1.3m (+2%) / FtW: 1.0m (+10%) + suburbs: 6.4m (9%) + exurbs: 566k (+9%)
San Antonio: 1.5m (+6%) + MSA suburbs: 1.2m (+10%) + CSA exurbs: 82k (+3%)
Austin: 994k (+3%) + MSA suburbs: 1.6m (+18%)
Texas (whole): 31.29m (+7%) / Texas (balance): 8.6m (+3%)
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 9:44 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.