Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343
|
That's awesome, although I naturally want it to be taller since Broad and Girard could absolutely accommodate something 15-20 stories tall. This building has been looking worse than ever though, so I'll be happy to see it go.
I'm not sure if you guys have been to Francisville lately, but it truly feels like the neighborhood is in the final stages of revitalization. Most of the remaining large lots (15th and Parrish, Broad and Girard, 17th and Girard, and the Francisville Triangle) have proposals, and the large parking lot along the 1400 block of Ridge was recently marketed within a larger package of parcels owned by People2People. Ridge Avenue is on fire, with the few remaining parcels filling in and some new businesses opening up. It seems like the only things being built in the neighborhood now are single-family homes and medium-density buildings (such as the project on the corner of Perkiomen and Francis that just got started, and the one at 16th and Swain). Single-family homes are now popping up in the southern section of Templetown/Cecil B. Moore, especially below Master.
I wonder where the revitalization wave will go next, as Francisville is going to be as developed and expensive as Fairmount and Spring Garden really soon. There are basically no more inexpensive neighborhoods below Girard anymore. The Richard Allen Homes are to the east, Templetown is to the north, Brewerytown is filling up, and a significant number of parcels in Sharswood are (regrettably) owned by the PHA. I wonder if, as Brewerytown fills in, Strawberry Mansion will get a boost, or if potential buyers will head across the Schuylkill and start buying in East/West Parkside.