HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Apr 19, 2021, 6:22 PM

Thanks for the pictures. After somewhat of a lull just before and during the pandemic (although construction never really stopped), Tempe seems to be back cranking out the projects.

Old Posted Apr 19, 2021, 6:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muertecaza View Post
Looks like another big office project in the works for Tempe. SEC of Priest/Rio Salado. 300k SF, 3 buildings and 2 parking structures.

I posted this zoning sign a few pages back. Per the just updated Tempe Development map, looks like the office buildings will be for Carvana:

https://www.tempe.gov/Home/ShowDocument?id=86321

Curious to see how their office space plays out. They have the buildings west of Priest, and recently leased one of the State Farm buildings. But I had also heard from a friend that many employees were not going to be back in the office any time soon (although that's been a few months ago so things could change). Wonder if these new buildings will be a consolidated campus, or if they will keep the other buildings as well.

Old Posted Apr 19, 2021, 7:15 PM

Quote:
I posted this zoning sign a few pages back. Per the just updated Tempe Development map, looks like the office buildings will be for Carvana:

https://www.tempe.gov/Home/ShowDocument?id=86321

Curious to see how their office space plays out. They have the buildings west of Priest, and recently leased one of the State Farm buildings. But I had also heard from a friend that many employees were not going to be back in the office any time soon (although that's been a few months ago so things could change). Wonder if these new buildings will be a consolidated campus, or if they will keep the other buildings as well.
My daughter works for Carvana. I'll pass along anything I hear as this plays out. She very much wants to get into an office after working out of her apt for so long.

Old Posted Apr 19, 2021, 8:30 PM

$14M makeover of Mill Avenue office complex

https://ktar.com/story/4333371/devel...plex-in-tempe/

Quote:
Developer George Oliver will turn the Hayden Station mixed-use office campus into a location that includes retail and restaurant space with open-concept interiors and high-touch designs.

The 107,000-square-foot complex, located at Mill Avenue and Third Street, has been home to a five-story office building and four two-story mixed-use buildings since 1986.

Old Posted Apr 19, 2021, 11:11 PM

Anyone know if work at the Pier has resumed or not after the accident last week?

Old Posted Apr 19, 2021, 11:23 PM

New Pedestrian Bridge

I work as a driver in the City of Tempe and they notified us of road closures the next few weeks on University between Rural and Dorsey for the new pedestrian bridge ASU is constructing. Will be interesting to see how this plays out. Personally I'd prefer creating a better/safer intersection and more street-oriented buildings at the intersection but I guess we're too late for that.

Old Posted Apr 20, 2021, 2:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soled View Post
My daughter works for Carvana. I'll pass along anything I hear as this plays out. She very much wants to get into an office after working out of her apt for so long.
Carvana already has five separate HQ buildings in Tempe and Scottsdale. With all the square footage they have they ought to just build a nice signature tower downtown or on the lake where they can go up 20 or 30 foots...

No way all those five buildings consolidate into two small ones. The building at Marina Height is what - 10 floors at least...

Old Posted Apr 20, 2021, 3:33 PM

100 Mill

Screen capture from their homepage video. Can't wait to see this fully built out. Just need the Hayden mill redevelopment to take place and all 4 corners of that intersection will be complete.

Old Posted Apr 20, 2021, 5:16 PM

Zoning signs are up for a couple apartment buildings mentioned a few pages back. 'Milhaus' is along the light rail at River/Apache, and the Transwestern one is in the cluster at University/Rural.

Old Posted Apr 20, 2021, 6:10 PM

https://azbigmedia.com/real-estate/b...ment-in-tempe/

Banyan breaks ground on the annexed county land on Curry/Miller. Will be a nice addition for that area.

Old Posted Apr 20, 2021, 11:24 PM

[QUOTE=Mr.RE;9254828]Screen capture from their homepage video. Can't wait to see this fully built out. Just need the Hayden mill redevelopment to take place and all 4 corners of that intersection will be complete.

The Smithgroup website added some new sketches of the development but it’s been 4 years since it was announced. I’ve given up.

https://www.smithgroup.com/projects/...-redevelopment

Old Posted Apr 21, 2021, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.RE View Post
The Smithgroup website added some new sketches of the development but it’s been 4 years since it was announced. I’ve given up.

https://www.smithgroup.com/projects/...-redevelopment
Wow! This makes me more optimistic. Those renderings look fantastic

Old Posted Apr 21, 2021, 12:49 AM

This was from today’s public notice zoning.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2021, 12:50 AM

Old Posted Apr 21, 2021, 12:50 AM

Old Posted Apr 21, 2021, 4:45 AM

State Court of Appeals rules against AG on Omni Case.

https://tucson.com/news/local/court-...b80d2b6ae.html

Old Posted Apr 21, 2021, 2:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classical in Phoenix View Post
State Court of Appeals rules against AG on Omni Case.

https://tucson.com/news/local/court-...b80d2b6ae.html
Good. Now this begs the question, with this behind us will we see Omni start soon? Not sure if this was the thing holding it up but its been "in review for building permit" for many months.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2021, 4:37 PM

Old Tempe Mill

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASUSunDevil View Post
Wow! This makes me more optimistic. Those renderings look fantastic
Total guess on my part but like I said before I have to think with two proposals abandoned the silo might be the problem in so far as to retro it into hotel rooms or whatever I wouldn't be surprised to find out that doing that and earthquake proofing it is probably cost prohibitive. They, (whoever does the project), should be allowed to build a midrise next to it and salvage the silo as only a historic show piece on a substantial tax credit from the City of Tempe.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2021, 4:55 PM

There were a lot of trucks, equipment and workers at the Culdesac site when I rode by this morning. I'll keep an eye on it but it looks like it might not be as dead as feared.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2021, 10:47 PM

Quote:
There were a lot of trucks, equipment and workers at the Culdesac site when I rode by this morning. I'll keep an eye on it but it looks like it might not be as dead as feared.
Easy to confuse 'dead project' and 'lack of patience' on this forum

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest