Quote:
Originally Posted by optimusREIM
I dont think it's a question of whether it rebounds. It's just gonna be a question of degree. I think its gonna rebound fairly well, people will get over it decently quickly, but I think the bureaucratic hangover is gonna be a nightmare and may actually dissuade people from participating as fully as they would have previously in tourism and other hospitality type activities
|
Very true. This whole pandemic has totally changed everything, and we may have to adapt new methods or ways to deal with those aspects.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheswick
Tourism will, but I think this is the death of lots of business travel. My boss was going to Toronto 3 or 4 times a month on business trips prior to the pandemic. This has really shown theres no need for that.
|
Yup. The joys of using Zoom, Discord, or Teams for conference calls has grown since this started. At the very least, it has gravely reduced business travels. There will be some in the trades, where you have technicians flying out to remote places to do service calls, but other than that, virtual conference calls are the way to go now, and perhaps could save companies on travel expenses, while on the flip side, devastated the airline industry.