HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Mar 5, 2021, 4:48 AM

I remember seeing floor plans / blue prints for the hyatt regency convention center hotel. Anyone know where I can find those?

Old Posted Mar 5, 2021, 8:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by downtownslcresident View Post
Clearly your friends and family haven’t died.
Ditto to that. Ooof.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2021, 12:16 PM
Exit 298

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasatch Wasteland View Post
Ditto to that. Ooof.
I thought I was taking the pandemic pretty seriously. Then a long-time family friend died (age 70) in December. It really changes everything. Since then, my neighbors (age 72 and 75) died around New Year.

I wonder what post-COVID is really going to look like. On the one hand, I feel pent-up and eager to get vaccinated and the CDC to say "all clear" — and run downtown to hang out. On the other hand, I've been cooped up long enough, I almost feel a... social anxiety? Like, after a lifetime of wanting to be around people, I'd rather curl up on Discord and talk to friends there.

I can't imagine I'm alone. And our collective attitude post-COVID will be make-or-break for the service industry — and, in turn, commercial real estate occupancy.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2021, 3:01 PM

Agreed, feel lucky then if you still think its a "scandemic". My 25 year old coworker who teaches with me was hospitalized for 3 weeks with covid and barely made it. I know 2 other people(my neighbor and good friends dad) that both passed from covid. While yes the economy was hurt, people did in fact lose their lives. Economies and downtowns can come back, lives can't.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2021, 3:04 PM
of SLC

Good Lord, take this topic to a different thread on a different forum.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2021, 4:25 PM
One Thing At A Time

So is new guy a troll or just an idiot?

Old Posted Mar 5, 2021, 4:31 PM
One Thing At A Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boz View Post
You can’t just stick your fingers in your ears about a once in a lifetime (hopefully) global pandemic. Especially when it has a direct effect on how people will think about and interact in a city and therefore how a city develops. It’s going to come up.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2021, 4:56 PM
Eschew Obfuscation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boz View Post
You mean somewhere where the pandemic hasn't affected........oh wait.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2021, 5:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePusherMan View Post
So is new guy a troll or just an idiot?
The two are not mutually exclusive.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2021, 6:35 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reeder113 View Post
You mean somewhere where the pandemic hasn't affected........oh wait.
You mean the scamdemic/plandemic?

But yes let’s get back on topic. Side note...It’s funny to see how easily offended some of you get and see what buttons to push. Hahaha

Old Posted Mar 5, 2021, 7:08 PM
Eschew Obfuscation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waimea View Post

But yes let’s get back on topic. Side note...It’s funny to see how easily offended some of you get and see what buttons to push. Hahaha
You think it's a scam? Like hundreds of thousands of Americans DIDN'T die from this?

Old Posted Mar 5, 2021, 7:14 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reeder113 View Post
You think it's a scam? Like hundreds of thousands of Americans DIDN'T die from this?
Have some respect. Several of us have already said this isn’t a discussion to have on this forum. Let’s get back on topic. Thanks for your understanding.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2021, 8:00 PM

Quote:

Have some respect. Several of us have already said this isn’t a discussion to have on this forum. Let’s get back on topic. Thanks for your understanding.
No, you don't get to do that. You don't get to call it a scamdemic, and then when you're called out on it, you tell everyone to get back on topic. Don't bring up pandemic talking points on a skyscraper forum. If you do, be ready to defend your position. Call it a scamdemic if you want, but be ready to articulate your reasoning and admit you have an opinion on the subject but not truth.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2021, 8:02 PM

Quote:

You should waimea river about it.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2021, 8:17 PM

Quote:
It's a scamdemic. Please get back on topic ma'am. Thanks for understanding.
You clearly had reason to phrase it as such. It would appear to me you wanted it to be the topic at hand. Please enlighten us all on why it's a scamdemic?

Old Posted Mar 5, 2021, 8:29 PM

Quote:
Ma’am, again many of us want to discuss development and construction going on in this city. Like I said, it’s a scamdemic, we’ll leave it at that. Please, let’s get back on topic. Thanks, as always.
It's not a scam dude. There are lots of scams in this world. the pandemic isn't one of them.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2021, 8:30 PM

I went ahead and put all the parking on the block below-grade, and opened up the block with a new North - South street. It's crazy how much additional things you can throw in there and still have it feel more open than before by just getting rid of the above-grade parking ramps. Like the Presiding Bishop said when presenting the plans for City Creek Center: "There's NOTHING vibrant about parking."

Last edited by Old&New; Mar 5, 2021 at 8:45 PM.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2021, 9:36 PM

Quote:
Ma’am, again many of us want to discuss development and construction going on in this city. Like I said, it’s a scamdemic, we’ll leave it at that. Please, let’s get back on topic. Thanks, as always.
I mean, I get it dude. You can't defend your position because it's not defendable with anything logical, rational, or truthful. You went down the rabbit hole of conspiracy theory one day and you haven't been able to find your way back out. Hopefully you get back on track. I do agree though, we should get back on the topic of development.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2021, 9:59 PM
Space Magi

Worth mentioning in this thread too: apparently the city wants to extend the S-Line east into the business district of Sugar House. They are receiving $12 million from the state (part of yesterday's transit bill) to start that process.
https://twitter.com/slcmayor/status/1367948858681032708

In other news, FrontRunner is getting $200 million from the state this year for double tracking.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2021, 10:10 PM

Awesome plans old and new! I have long day dreamed of city creek being extended through that whole block and continuing the walkways. Sadly the new tower will have above ground parking but hopefully the big staircase and park on top makes it less of an eyesore. Also I doubt we will salvage the theater, but this kinda style would be a perfect blueprint for how they should move forward with the block. Lastly, Waimea chill bruh you are giving a bad name to Aina and the beautiful Waimea Bay. Or Waimea on the Big Island, which ever one you are referencing.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West