HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Feb 14, 2021, 12:31 AM
Tony V / ValuezTV

New Lib Lights.

Glad they are back but I think Lib 2 used to have two rows of lights and now only one...

Old Posted Feb 14, 2021, 6:26 AM

Nope, Two Liberty always had one row of lights. The angled lights often reflect off of the angled parts that pop out under the lights

Old Posted Feb 14, 2021, 4:35 PM
Tony V / ValuezTV

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK2001 View Post
Nope, Two Liberty always had one row of lights. The angled lights often reflect off of the angled parts that pop out under the lights
You are 100% correct & now that I think of it thats what I was seeing. It should have two rows of lights though.

Old Posted Feb 18, 2021, 6:12 AM

Philadelphia skyline by Philly SkyGuy, on Flickr

Our beautiful skyline tonight

Old Posted Feb 18, 2021, 4:18 PM

CDR Submissions for March are up!

A handful of new mixed-use midrise projects throughout the city, as well as a slightly new design/new plans for 12th and Sansom highrise.

Link:
https://www.phila.gov/departments/ph...blic-meetings/

Old Posted Feb 18, 2021, 4:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post

A handful of new mixed-use midrise projects throughout the city, as well as a slightly new design/new plans for 12th and Sansom highrise.

Link:
-I am really impressed with the 12th and Sansom proposal and honestly forgot about it. I am also happy for another parking garage to bite the dust in Center City.

- The warehouse proposal on Elmwood seems like a huge waste of space. Way too much parking and the building footprint is tiny for that site especially given the transit access. So much useless grass, this belongs near NE Airport or in South Jersey. Not adjacent to 2 trolley lines with direct access to Center City

- I am very surprised by market rate development past Lehigh avenue given the struggles the neighborhood has been going through. I fear the building will have very low occupancy.

- I know the neighbors will hate it but I am pretty impressed with the Huntingdon proposal.

Old Posted Feb 18, 2021, 4:38 PM
Philly Rising Up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post

Link:
I like the new skin on the 12/Sansom bldg. Looks like cooper metal-like and dark brick color base. Very manly.LOL.

Old Posted Feb 18, 2021, 4:42 PM

If I am not mistaken the 12th/Sansom building was downsized to 270' and 20 stories.

Old Posted Feb 18, 2021, 6:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartphilly View Post
I like the new skin on the 12/Sansom bldg. Looks like cooper metal-like and dark brick color base. Very manly.LOL.
Same. Reminds me of when I visited Copenhagen about 8 years ago. A lot of their new buildings look like it - minimalistic with darker materials of high quality; very classy. Glad we're finally caching on...

Old Posted Feb 19, 2021, 1:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfish View Post
-I am really impressed with the 12th and Sansom proposal and honestly forgot about it. I am also happy for another parking garage to bite the dust in Center City.

- The warehouse proposal on Elmwood seems like a huge waste of space. Way too much parking and the building footprint is tiny for that site especially given the transit access. So much useless grass, this belongs near NE Airport or in South Jersey. Not adjacent to 2 trolley lines with direct access to Center City

- I am very surprised by market rate development past Lehigh avenue given the struggles the neighborhood has been going through. I fear the building will have very low occupancy.

- I know the neighbors will hate it but I am pretty impressed with the Huntingdon proposal.
That warehouse proposal is a pump and dump. SEPTA has expressed interest in buying the property for a new depot as part of their trolley modernization program. The owner is just trying to increase the value ahead of negotiations with SEPTA.

Old Posted Feb 19, 2021, 2:17 PM
Midrise

Archdiocese forges ahead with high-rise redevelopment of cathedral block | KYW Newsradio
Excerpt:
Gavin said preparations are underway for the next step: “The construction — at least as it’s envisioned by the master developer — of a 23-story building on the land where the convent sat, as well as the parking lot area over there on that southern side of the archdiocesan pastoral center.”

He described the plan: “Twenty-three stories that would include approximately 273 apartment units, 2,500 square feet of ground-floor retail, and approximately 18 underground parking spaces.”

Old Posted Feb 19, 2021, 4:31 PM

^ The cathedral plan has a lot of potential, it partially blocks out the ugly building behind the cathedral and provides the city 2 new apartment towers. I hope its realized fully, although honestly im somewhat skeptical of that 600+ ft tower

Old Posted Feb 19, 2021, 6:24 PM

It wasn't that long ago that we would be regularly told that underground parking wasn't economically feasible, even in the very core of Center City (Symphony House, the St James).

Now we regularly see proposals with underground parking in periphery neighborhoods as a matter of expectation (ex. the Huntingdon and Hazard proposal on this month's CDR).

We've come along way.

Old Posted Feb 23, 2021, 5:07 AM
Tony V / ValuezTV

https://philly.curbed.com/maps/looki...t-bit-the-dust

Found this article while searching skyscraper stuff on the web.

What do you guys remember about these proposals & which ones were the best/worst ?

Old Posted Feb 23, 2021, 1:09 PM

Pandemic sets back Goldenberg's $150M South Broad project

https://www.bizjournals.com/philadel...t-project.html

Quote:
More than a year after Goldenberg Group proposed a new $150 million mixed-use development at the site of a former Philadelphia health center at Broad and Lombard streets, the sale of the property has not closed and the project’s timing remains unknown.

Old Posted Feb 23, 2021, 1:20 PM
Midrise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boku View Post

…and:

“We are still planning a dynamic mixed-use development that includes residential, student housing, hospitality, restaurants and grocery,” said David Mercuris, senior vice president at Goldenberg. “Covid-19’s impact on these sectors has slowed the development timeline and we are working with PIDC and the city to adjust the timing of the project. We remain committed to bringing nothing less than a world class project to Philadelphia.”

Until Goldenberg sorts out final details with the city, it doesn’t have a firm timeframe on when the project might commence, Mercuris said.

Old Posted Feb 23, 2021, 3:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boku View Post

Does anyone know when the South St Whole Foods lease is up? Rumor was that Whole Foods would be the grocery component here moving over from the South St location.

Old Posted Feb 23, 2021, 6:36 PM

Developer Republic Properties Announces $190 Million "Next Generation" Cell And Gene Therapy Research Production Center In University City, Taps Scheer Partners To Direct Leasing

New2Fishtown posted this in the Lowrise/General Developments thread. Figured I'd post it here as well. Article states 11-story building, but renderings clearly show 13-floors. Maybe they're not including lobby/amenity floors? Either way... McGrath, want to make a thread for this? Thanks!

Two renderings available in PDF here:
https://c212.net/c/link/?t=0&l=en&o=...ndering+Reveal

Quote:
In less than 36 months, the $190 million Ultra Labs at University City, an **11-story**(looks to me like 13 floors in the rendering), 185,000 square foot project , will commence commercial operations. Designed to be one of the world's most advanced cell and gene therapy research, development, and fully engineered cGMP production centers, the developer-leasing team is now reviewing floor plans with leading prospective biotech tenants, according to principal developer Republic Properties Group and Scheer Partners, its exclusive leasing agent. Ultra Labs (New Rendering Reveal) will be conveniently located within walking distance from the academic and NIH-sponsored centers that are spinning out many of the newest innovations in cell and gene therapy.

Steven A. Grigg, AIA, PE, President and Co-founder of Washington, D.C-based Republic Properties, said the Ultra Labs project "represents a rare and exciting development opportunity to work from a fresh canvas and meet every single need of the world's leading cell and gene therapy companies in Philadelphia, a global hub for innovation in breakthrough life sciences." Along with PHL Next State Med LLC, our remarkable investment partner, and our scientific real estate professionals at Scheer, we could not be more energized about the prospect of Ultra Labs at University City setting the new standard for cGMP in the Mid-Atlantic and throughout the world."

Tim Conrey, who directs Scheer's Philadelphia bio-pharma focused team, said preliminary discussions with prospective tenants have been "exhilarating because it's like their wish list for new construction has been transported into the building's design with the added benefit of having an exceptional location within a federally Qualified Opportunity Zone (QOZ).

The site of Ultra Labs at University City is along N. 32nd St. between Powelton St. and Market St., adjacent to SEPTA's Powelton Rail Yard, overlooking the Schuylkill Expressway, just north of 30th St. Station. The developer last year entered a 90-year ground lease with SEPTA.
Read more here:
https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...301233556.html

Old Posted Feb 23, 2021, 8:43 PM

D.C. real estate firm proposes $190M life sciences building in University City

Article behind paywall here:
https://www.bizjournals.com/philadel...Pos=1#cxrecs_s

Old Posted Feb 23, 2021, 9:34 PM

I'll be very impressed if Republic can pull that building off. Looks good and would be very prominent at that height from this location. Will have great views. Republic has a solid track record so now that they've closed on a ground lease, I feel pretty good about this happening. The Business Journal article quotes them saying they expect to break ground before the end of the year.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations