That film was from 1966 but the building didn't have a helipad. I thought they were pretty common before they were banned?
Panam/Metlife had the heliport. Before my time, but i'd imagine enough traffic was coming onto the roof that it would have been dangerous for any other tall buildings in the vicinity to have one.
wait, so these steel girders labeled fan columns are for the actual building, not just for the temporary protective covering?
I doubt we’ll see any of the protective covering. But what you’re seeing is the construction of the tabletop, or the first 3 levels (that’s all they have a permit for at the moment. They should have the full building permit soon, maybe as soon as next week. But they were starting here either way. I’ve posted these before...
I should have payed more attention here, it's where the fun begins...some of this other stuff is more permanent than I first thought.
^^^^ NyGuy, that chunk of steel, for lack of a better term, is one of the most incredible things I've ever seen! The meticulous steps that must have been required to fabricate that are beyond my level of comprehension. It looks like it fell off a truck on it's way to the site. I can't wait to see the next level of steel take shape.
Wait, that vertical steel is the new 270? I had no idea it was this far along, I assumed nothing would be vertical until after the other had been fully demolished.
I hope we see updated renderings soon, this is so exciting!
Why would you care anyway when you have the evidence in your eyes. It’s under construction, it’s been under construction. I only just moved it now because you have visible vertical construction, something to see besides the demolition.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyguy_7
^^^^ NyGuy, that chunk of steel, for lack of a better term, is one of the most incredible things I've ever seen! The meticulous steps that must have been required to fabricate that are beyond my level of comprehension. It looks like it fell off a truck on it's way to the site. I can't wait to see the next level of steel take shape.
I can’t wait to see more either. The staging suggests more columns may be going up as we speak.
^ I don’t know why. It’s not as if the info hasn’t been posted.
I have not read the thread in a while and did not assume steel would be vertical yet. It seems cumbersome to have the construction site next to the building being torn down, but I'm glad they could make it work.