HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Downtown & Urban Ottawa


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #241  
Old Posted Aug 3, 2020, 7:02 PM
Glenlivet Ave's Avatar
Glenlivet Ave Glenlivet Ave is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 192
Two cranes on site with a third in the background for West Memorial Building I believe. This is a large site.



Reply With Quote
     
     
  #242  
Old Posted Aug 13, 2020, 4:05 PM
Davis137's Avatar
Davis137 Davis137 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,365
That looks pretty good so far...
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #243  
Old Posted Nov 26, 2020, 4:18 PM
bartlebooth bartlebooth is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 486
Walked by last night. Ground floor column work is now visible.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #244  
Old Posted Jan 18, 2021, 7:22 PM
J.OT13's Avatar
J.OT13 J.OT13 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 29,131
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #245  
Old Posted Jan 18, 2021, 7:28 PM
Harley613's Avatar
Harley613 Harley613 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Aylmer, QC
Posts: 6,896
It looks like the 9 story mid-rise on the corner is going up the fastest. I guess we'll know by some point in the summer whether they keep the funky framing and green roof on top. What's the betting line at?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #246  
Old Posted Jan 18, 2021, 7:33 PM
J.OT13's Avatar
J.OT13 J.OT13 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 29,131
If it ends up exactly like the rendering, I'll be satisfied. If they deviate in anyway, particularly the framing on top of the shorter tower (as they did with The Slater/Alt), I'll be upset.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #247  
Old Posted Jan 18, 2021, 7:35 PM
JHikka's Avatar
JHikka JHikka is offline
ハルウララ
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 12,853
Y'all already know how this is going to end up.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #248  
Old Posted Jan 18, 2021, 7:44 PM
J.OT13's Avatar
J.OT13 J.OT13 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 29,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHikka View Post
Y'all already know how this is going to end up.
Let us live in denial for another year or so.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #249  
Old Posted Jan 18, 2021, 7:55 PM
RogueNacho RogueNacho is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 273
Thankfully, no matter how Claridgey these turn out, they'll soon be overshadowed by the gorgeous three tower Main + Main development across the street at 400 Albert.

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #250  
Old Posted Jan 18, 2021, 8:02 PM
HomeInMyShoes's Avatar
HomeInMyShoes HomeInMyShoes is offline
arf
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: File 13
Posts: 14,625
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.OT13 View Post
Let us live in denial for another year or so.
I was going to say that we should at least start the new year optimistically.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #251  
Old Posted Jan 18, 2021, 8:12 PM
AuxTown's Avatar
AuxTown AuxTown is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 4,651
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueNacho View Post
Thankfully, no matter how Claridgey these turn out, they'll soon be overshadowed by the gorgeous three tower Main + Main development across the street at 400 Albert.

lol
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #252  
Old Posted Jan 18, 2021, 10:06 PM
YOWhopeful YOWhopeful is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 183
I live in this food desert. All I hope for is an actual grocery store as announced in Claridge’s marketing for Moon. I won’t believe it until I see it.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #253  
Old Posted Jan 19, 2021, 3:03 AM
Harley613's Avatar
Harley613 Harley613 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Aylmer, QC
Posts: 6,896
Quote:
Originally Posted by YOWhopeful View Post
I live in this food desert. All I hope for is an actual grocery store as announced in Claridge’s marketing for Moon. I won’t believe it until I see it.
What, you don't like paying 2.5x the price for 0.1% of the selection of a grocery store at the Slater Street Market?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #254  
Old Posted Jan 19, 2021, 3:00 PM
McKellarDweller's Avatar
McKellarDweller McKellarDweller is offline
inner city
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Calgary/Ottawa
Posts: 490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley613 View Post
What, you don't like paying 2.5x the price for 0.1% of the selection of a grocery store at the Slater Street Market?

I used to go there out of desperation when I was working late sometimes. So TRUE!!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #255  
Old Posted Feb 1, 2021, 2:38 PM
J.OT13's Avatar
J.OT13 J.OT13 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 29,131
Construction progress at Lyon Station entrance.



Before


https://www.railfans.ca/otrain/line-1-stations/lyon

Present



After

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #256  
Old Posted Feb 17, 2021, 1:27 PM
J.OT13's Avatar
J.OT13 J.OT13 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 29,131
Someone had posted these on the Reese Martin Discord.

What I believe are the latest plans show (no longer on devapps, so can't confirm) shows a knock-out panel between the yon headhouse and the commercial space in Moon. Have they decided to link the grocery store to the station? Would be great for those who need to take the O-Train to shop.



Reply With Quote
     
     
  #257  
Old Posted Mar 12, 2021, 2:37 PM
J.OT13's Avatar
J.OT13 J.OT13 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 29,131
Up to three floors on Albert and one floor along Queen.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #258  
Old Posted Mar 15, 2021, 1:20 AM
YOWhopeful YOWhopeful is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 183
Anyone know if a lease has been signed between Claridge and a grocery chain to occupy the commercial space?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #259  
Old Posted Mar 15, 2021, 6:13 PM
J.OT13's Avatar
J.OT13 J.OT13 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 29,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by YOWhopeful View Post
Anyone know if a lease has been signed between Claridge and a grocery chain to occupy the commercial space?
No word yet. I'm pretty confident Claridge will announce it once they've struck a deal. I could see it plastered on the hording around the site. Maybe their Twitter.

They've worked with Sobeys before with the UrbanFresh at Metcalfe, now a Farm Boy. I believe Metro will return to their former site once Royale is complete. We could see any of those three brands.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #260  
Old Posted Mar 30, 2021, 2:35 AM
SL123 SL123 is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Posts: 1,977
March 29, 2021

Looks like they are phasing the project. No progress on the section directly above the station

Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Downtown & Urban Ottawa
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:31 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.