HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Business, Politics & the Economy


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #27  
Old Posted Dec 23, 2020, 2:58 PM
Good Baklava's Avatar
Good Baklava Good Baklava is offline
Somewhat Pretentious
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Someplace somewhere
Posts: 501
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrudeauSockPuppet427 View Post
I move that it gets shut down or even erased. The primary source of the bad behaviour makes many of the threads on the Halifax forum quite toxic - it seems there are near-weekly complaints about their ugliness - but this one has gone completely off the rails with the aggressive posturing and general melodrama.

I know I'm a brand new account so it's easy to say "who does this guy think he is?" but please set that aside and look at the general poison through several pages of this thread.
I don’t know if closing the thread is a good solution. The toxicity would probably just move to other threads. Eye-catching titles are just Colin’s style. I think it would bring on the issue of moderator bias if the threads were artificially restricted.

I may disagree with much of what Keith, Moncton, Dartguard and Colin say, but I think it’s important to understand their perspectives, and in some cases there may be ideas I agree with. I don’t think disagreement is bad, in many cases it’s beneficial: imagine how dead the forum would be if we didn’t refute the other’s points!

I can understand why Keith was so upset about the accusation, he’s a SSP veteran and 15 years of on the forum shouldn’t end that way.
__________________
Haligonian in exile.
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Business, Politics & the Economy
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 2:15 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.