HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Business & the Economy


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #15041  
Old Posted Oct 3, 2020, 4:28 AM
officedweller officedweller is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 41,804
BC court approves MEC's sale to US investment firm
https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/bc-court-approves-mec-sale

Bizarro how the Justice who approved the sale is also named Kingswood (obviously no relation).
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #15042  
Old Posted Oct 4, 2020, 3:08 AM
SpongeG's Avatar
SpongeG SpongeG is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Coquitlam
Posts: 40,127
new store coming to South Granville



South Granville is in South Granville. (facebook)
hdt11dSponhsoregd ·
Spotted - a new neighbour will open its doors soon! ✨⁠⠀
⁠⠀
“Details by Mr. K is a lifestyle brand, blending an array of home accessories from around the globe. Based on the concept that using an interior of neutral hues such as white, beiges and soft greys can create the perfect backdrop to showcase home accessories with personality. An unexpected yet thoughtful selection of products, colours, and textures that can transform a home into a unique living space.”
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #15043  
Old Posted Oct 5, 2020, 3:54 AM
officedweller officedweller is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 41,804
... and they didn't clean the facade of the dirt showing the former tenant's name?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #15044  
Old Posted Oct 5, 2020, 1:19 PM
scryer scryer is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 1,964
Quote:
Originally Posted by officedweller View Post
... and they didn't clean the facade of the dirt showing the former tenant's name?
TBF it looks like Ronson's Rack right beside it still needs to give their facade a scrub as well .

Personally I would hate to start a business in this economy but, I am hoping nothing but the best for them.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #15045  
Old Posted Oct 5, 2020, 2:13 PM
Changing City's Avatar
Changing City Changing City is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 8,339
(Oops. Double post)
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #15046  
Old Posted Oct 5, 2020, 2:15 PM
Changing City's Avatar
Changing City Changing City is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 8,339
Quote:
Originally Posted by scryer View Post
TBF it looks like Ronson's Rack right beside it still needs to give their facade a scrub as well .

Personally I would hate to start a business in this economy but, I am hoping nothing but the best for them.
Ronson's went into receivership and have closed down.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #15047  
Old Posted Oct 5, 2020, 5:11 PM
whatnext whatnext is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 28,109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Changing City View Post
Ronson's went into receivership and have closed down.
Probably why their awning is so dirty.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #15048  
Old Posted Oct 5, 2020, 11:45 PM
HelloKitty's Avatar
HelloKitty HelloKitty is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 143
Btw, Zara is still in Metrotown.
Saw boards up now with the Zara logo on the same area of the mall where it was located.
But it kinda moved like next door where Tommy Hilfiger used to be but seems bigger. Doesn't say when it'll reopen, or I didn't notice any sign about the date.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #15049  
Old Posted Oct 6, 2020, 12:21 AM
officedweller officedweller is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 41,804
Interesting, thanks.
Has it shifted to the north side of the corridor?
That could free up space at the end for that overpass.
On this map Tommy seems quite a ways along the mall, unless there was a previous Tommy location.

Quote:
Originally Posted by officedweller View Post
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #15050  
Old Posted Oct 6, 2020, 12:23 AM
SpongeG's Avatar
SpongeG SpongeG is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Coquitlam
Posts: 40,127
There was a Tommy Hillfiger location just to the left of Zara in the corridor to skytrain.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #15051  
Old Posted Oct 6, 2020, 1:01 AM
cabotp cabotp is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 2,813
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatnext View Post
Probably why their awning is so dirty.
As well as the "For Rent" sign in the window
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #15052  
Old Posted Oct 6, 2020, 1:03 AM
SpongeG's Avatar
SpongeG SpongeG is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Coquitlam
Posts: 40,127
I think the only Ronsons store open is on Granville street, downtown, I saw it about a week ago, thats where they are having the liquidation sale. Sad to see the store go, they ahd a good selection of brands I liked.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #15053  
Old Posted Oct 6, 2020, 2:14 AM
Changing City's Avatar
Changing City Changing City is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 8,339
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpongeG View Post
I think the only Ronsons store open is on Granville street, downtown, I saw it about a week ago, thats where they are having the liquidation sale. Sad to see the store go, they ahd a good selection of brands I liked.
There's a notice saying the clearance sale is not associated with the previous Ronson's business - so it's presumably the liquidator using the name to clear out remaining stock.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #15054  
Old Posted Oct 6, 2020, 2:43 AM
officedweller officedweller is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 41,804
Liquidators tend to do that.
At various sales I've been to in the past there's stock included that you know was never sold at the bankrupt retailer.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #15055  
Old Posted Oct 6, 2020, 2:57 AM
jollyburger jollyburger is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 15,813
Quote:
Originally Posted by officedweller View Post
Liquidators tend to do that.
At various sales I've been to in the past there's stock included that you know was never sold at the bankrupt retailer.
They had to get rid of 108K pairs of shoes.

https://mnpdebt.ca/en/corporate/corporate-engagements/ronsons-shoe-stores-ltd
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #15056  
Old Posted Oct 6, 2020, 6:14 PM
Vin Vin is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 8,739
Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloKitty View Post
Btw, Zara is still in Metrotown.
Saw boards up now with the Zara logo on the same area of the mall where it was located.
But it kinda moved like next door where Tommy Hilfiger used to be but seems bigger. Doesn't say when it'll reopen, or I didn't notice any sign about the date.
That Zara store in Metrotown is way too busy to meet its demise so easily. They probably made enough profits for a major reno and expansion.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #15057  
Old Posted Oct 6, 2020, 9:44 PM
officedweller officedweller is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 41,804
Walked past the City Cannabis in the former 7-Eleven on Robson and a window was uncovered.
The guy in front said they're now allowed to uncover the windows as long as there's no cannabis on display.
So that should make storefronts look a bit nicer across the city.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #15058  
Old Posted Oct 7, 2020, 5:26 AM
Nites Nites is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Surrey, BC
Posts: 1,558
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vin View Post
That Zara store in Metrotown is way too busy to meet its demise so easily. They probably made enough profits for a major reno and expansion.
They are reasonably priced and have pretty good quality clothing in my opinion. It's always a go to store of mine.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #15059  
Old Posted Oct 7, 2020, 5:29 AM
SpongeG's Avatar
SpongeG SpongeG is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Coquitlam
Posts: 40,127
would be great if they added Zara Home to their store.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #15060  
Old Posted Oct 8, 2020, 4:58 AM
mcminsen's Avatar
mcminsen mcminsen is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Downtown Vancouver
Posts: 9,980
I wasn't sure where to post this so I thought the retail thread might be apropos.

I had a little incident at the Cambie Street Liquor Store by 8th Avenue today. After I descended the steps and exited onto the sidewalk I dropped my bag. WHOOSH goes 1.75L of Tanquerey Gin across the sidewalk ($53.49 worth). My heart sank.

I scooped it all up and went straight back into the store to the customer service counter. No one there but then a guy came up behind me and I said "Sorry, I had a little accident as I was going out the door."

He immediately took the dripping bag and I asked if the store had a policy about "spillage". He said yes and went off to dispose of the gin soaked debris. He then came out and went straight over to the gin section and grabbed another bottle and handed it to me. I offered to show him my receipt but he just waved it off and said that's okay. I said "Thank you very much, I really appreciate that."

So, props to the management at the Cambie store and a heads up to anyone that inadvertently destroys their purchase on their way out of the store that it's worth a try to request a replacement due to "spillage". Of course, if you were half way down the block it might not work but if it's near the door it might be good for a replacement. Probably depends on the particular manager on duty.

Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Business & the Economy
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 3:04 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.