Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavlov
It's definitely an underrated angle (IMO). Calgary's skyline used to be much longer North-South but the development of the Best ne over the past 15 years has really changed that.
|
I'm wondering what your actually meaning here, because I know you're educated and in jest of course, but the Calgary skyline has always been considerably longer east-west (3 km x 2 km), and what I'm assuming "the Best" in your comment is an autocorrect from "The Bow", even though that building didn't even contribute to that fact, let alone the opposite. The core is only more balanced now.
Edit: Oh 🞵🞵🞵🞵, or did you mean "the Beltline"? Because yeah that has definitely balanced the core, but certainly hasn't made it wider n/s than it is e/w even still (still nearly 2 km from Eau Claire Ave to 17th X 3.2 km from 14 St SW to 6 St SE). Even including Mission, the n/s direction is only 2.5 km.
Edit: Jesus I need to quit it with the fact checking. You're a good dude, please take no offense. Vyvanse + Beer = not a lazy boy apparently