I stayed here once. When I asked if we could have a room on the top floor under the cupola the owner said I could climb up there and sit on it if I wanted to, because that was the closest we were going to get to it.
At least I think that's what he said. My French has its limits.
Sherbrooke is a city that I haven't seen much of here through the years... it's fascinating to get a look. The sheer number of stately and imposing older buildings speaks to a city that would have been very important and prosperous in its early years.
Gorgeous Quebec pictures. Love Sherbrooke’s treatment of the pedestrian block of that main drag - Quebec often does well adding a little flourish of beauty to things.
Thanks. It's interesting to see it sitting in that state given that the land must be worth an absolute fortune. It will be nice to see the building get its shine back once work gets underway.
I can’t be the only one but the textures and forms of the buildings in this photo along with the slight haze in coloring from the smoke make this look like a picture from 1980s New York.