HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #5441  
Old Posted Sep 21, 2020, 3:11 PM
Coldrsx's Avatar
Coldrsx Coldrsx is offline
Community Guy
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 69,146
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5442  
Old Posted Sep 21, 2020, 9:28 PM
Airboy Airboy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Edmonton/St Albert
Posts: 9,858
Couple from Yesterday.

[IMG]2020-09-21_02-39-56 by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/[/url], on Flickr[/IMG]
[IMG]2020-09-21_02-20-46 by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/[/url], on Flickr[/IMG]
[IMG]2020-09-21_02-20-29 by Tim Taylor-Smith, on Flickr[/IMG]
[IMG]2020-09-21_02-20-21 by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/h[/url], on Flickr[/IMG]
[IMG]PXL_20200920_153435123.MP by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/[/url], on Flickr[/IMG]
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5443  
Old Posted Sep 21, 2020, 10:04 PM
dancinb dancinb is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 415
Great fall photos!

Don't recognize this path - where is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airboy View Post
Couple from Yesterday.


[IMG]2020-09-21_02-20-46 by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/[/url], on Flickr[/IMG]
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5444  
Old Posted Sep 21, 2020, 10:13 PM
Harrison's Avatar
Harrison Harrison is online now
A Better Place
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 3,089
Delete
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5445  
Old Posted Sep 21, 2020, 10:18 PM
Harrison's Avatar
Harrison Harrison is online now
A Better Place
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 3,089
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancinb View Post
Great fall photos!

Don't recognize this path - where is it?
Louise McKinney Park just west of the Chinese Garden.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5446  
Old Posted Sep 22, 2020, 12:18 AM
Airboy Airboy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Edmonton/St Albert
Posts: 9,858
Right. Just up the hill from the Pavilion. I thought it looked like a street in Paris I once walked down.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5447  
Old Posted Sep 22, 2020, 12:57 AM
Black Star Black Star is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 7,259
Great pictures all round guys.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5448  
Old Posted Sep 22, 2020, 2:57 AM
Coldrsx's Avatar
Coldrsx Coldrsx is offline
Community Guy
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 69,146
I rode nearly all of that in the last 72.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5449  
Old Posted Sep 22, 2020, 1:55 PM
Airboy Airboy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Edmonton/St Albert
Posts: 9,858
My small riding group has ridden all the paved trails in the valley this year. did 70km on the weekend.
Next up a 100km mixed surface ride in the valley. getting both Henday bridges in. Have friends that have done 100km full mountain bike.

Will get more photos on the next ride. Colours are great right now.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5450  
Old Posted Sep 22, 2020, 3:31 PM
dancinb dancinb is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 415
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airboy View Post
Right. Just up the hill from the Pavilion. I thought it looked like a street in Paris I once walked down.
I didn't think we had anything like that in Edmonton. I think We need more like it!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5451  
Old Posted Sep 22, 2020, 3:46 PM
s4.audios's Avatar
s4.audios s4.audios is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 1,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancinb View Post
I didn't think we had anything like that in Edmonton. I think We need more like it!
Not picking on you or anything but this is the most Edmonton thing to say imo.

People in Edmonton general just do not explore enough of what the city offers. I'm no exception, I've only started recognizing all the beauty it has in my late twenties when I really started to get into bicycling.

Honestly, I can't even count on my fingers anymore how many Edmontonians I've told about the beautiful McKinley park and its waterfront, which has been developed for quite a few years now. And always get the exact same reaction of "Oh I've never heard of this place or seen it".
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5452  
Old Posted Sep 22, 2020, 4:10 PM
Airboy Airboy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Edmonton/St Albert
Posts: 9,858
My wife and I explore the city all the time. And I was born here. We go to places like 34 ave the spice street. Or Alberta Ave and try the odd ethnic restaurant. There is a new bakery in the SW that we are going to try.

Get on your bike and explore. This city has some incredible hidden experiences.

If you are a mountain biker. the trails have become some of the best I have ridden. and I have ridden around NA.

Also as a bike rider, one comment that was made last week on a ride was that we can be on a bike and in 15 min by out in the country on great paved or gravel roads. My brother in Vancouver has to ride for a hour to get out of traffic. and TO was horrible when I lived there.

a couple of weeks ago we took a group up Mill creek ravine. they were blown away.

Hiking Whitemud ravine from Fox drive to the Henday another wonder.

Also another great looking walk, Victoria Prominade.

That one photo of the beaver damn was in Wedgewood ravine.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5453  
Old Posted Sep 22, 2020, 4:21 PM
Coldrsx's Avatar
Coldrsx Coldrsx is offline
Community Guy
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 69,146
LMP is a gem, but poorly maintained and overgrown in many areas. It is a bit broken up right now due to LRT construction, but an incredible place to spend a weekend.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5454  
Old Posted Sep 22, 2020, 4:26 PM
Airboy Airboy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Edmonton/St Albert
Posts: 9,858
Remember last year taking a neighbor out to Elk Island. He was shock by how beautiful it was and that it was a national park and so close to the city.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5455  
Old Posted Sep 22, 2020, 4:30 PM
Hallsy's Toupee's Avatar
Hallsy's Toupee Hallsy's Toupee is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 6,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airboy View Post
Remember last year taking a neighbor out to Elk Island. He was shock by how beautiful it was and that it was a national park and so close to the city.
Our tourism markets really need to promote the hell outta this.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5456  
Old Posted Sep 22, 2020, 4:41 PM
Coldrsx's Avatar
Coldrsx Coldrsx is offline
Community Guy
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 69,146
Certainly not just an Edmonton thing, but I do find that most people believe that they have to leave the region to experience something wonderful.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5457  
Old Posted Sep 22, 2020, 5:43 PM
s211 s211 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: The People's Glorious Republic of ... Sigh...
Posts: 8,519
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldrsx View Post
Certainly not just an Edmonton thing, but I do find that most people believe that they have to leave the region to experience something wonderful.
The same has been said for Calgary. I recall seeing a survey of the top ten things to take tourists to in Calgary and the large majority were nowhere in the city limits.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5458  
Old Posted Sep 23, 2020, 10:11 PM
Coldrsx's Avatar
Coldrsx Coldrsx is offline
Community Guy
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 69,146
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5459  
Old Posted Sep 23, 2020, 10:15 PM
Coldrsx's Avatar
Coldrsx Coldrsx is offline
Community Guy
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 69,146
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5460  
Old Posted Sep 24, 2020, 3:36 PM
Harrison's Avatar
Harrison Harrison is online now
A Better Place
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 3,089
That last LRT photo must be from last year, since Augustana isn't topped out yet it seems.
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:04 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.