Quote:
Originally Posted by Migrant_Coconut
|
I don't think it matters how many or how few use the bridges, only whether a train across the North Shore makes sense for however many don't. (Also that link doesn't seem to mention anything about how many people on the North Shore use the bridges).
I just haven't seen a convincing statistic that shows me that the R2 corridor will ever warrant a Skytrain in the coming decades.
Quote:
|
Add how "downtown" West Van and Lonsdale are destinations in and of themselves, and how Phibbs gets you connections to Phibbs, Cap and Deep Cove, and there's a case for a SkyTrain.
|
I think there's only a case if those trips would otherwise replace a car ride. As it stands today, if I lived off Pemberton (Ave) and wanted to head to Deep Cove on a weekend, there isn't a hope in hell I'd bother depending on the 211 or 212, even with the R2 let alone a Skytrain taking me to Phibbs lickity split.
Quote:
Originally Posted by waves
If an east-west North Shore Skytrain starting at Park Royal is ever considered, it should end at Maplewood (I used the right name!) and not Phibbs because Maplewood is likely the best space available for an OMC, and because its a growing town center.
|
If an east-west is ever considered, a Maplewood station would be heavily dependent on development ever starting on the Innovation District area. Right now it seems effectively dead in the water due to NIMBYism.