Pangishimo park. They poured some footings. Not sure what for.
Good to see it progressing. Hopefully they open the bridge to the War Museum as soon as it's ready.
Future main square with some fountains or something.
This building looks rather ugly.
The old facade was beautifully restored, but I agree the new building seems a little too suburban industrial park. It might look better once the other nearby buildings and the square are completed.
There's this rendering from the Zibi website (building in the background, just to the right of the bridge):
There's also a rendering of the front of the building in this Investor Report (Block 210 / page 23 of 56) for Theia Partners.
Thank you for this link. I saw some other views in the document. I noticed that some of the buildings under construction are different, but I assume that is how this works, as this is an evolving project.
Are they really refurbishing the board mill building? Or it's just for the renders?
That's the plan. They demolished part of the Board Mill they would not save I believe last year, so what's left should be included in a future hotel component.
That's the plan. They demolished part of the Board Mill they would not save I believe last year, so what's left should be included in a future hotel component.
Right. The tall building will go behind it. I thought it was to replace it.
I know this project is going to take a LONG time but there it is already quite visible from the parkway in the West. From a distance, you can really see it coming together. It reminds me of some of the big projects we have seen in other big cities like False Creek or Distillery. I hope they do just as good a job with Booth.