HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted Sep 4, 2020, 2:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlHawks View Post
Why does that matter? MARTA isn't exactly printing money. Buy low, sell high.

Allen Morris paid $8.5 million for the land where Star Metals Offices is going up. Looking at an aerial picture, the area where the buses sit is about three times the size. They could get anywhere from $20-30m for it and that's not even counting the rest of the property.
For some history of the MARTA Depot site - it used to be the Peach Bowl Speedway up until the early 1970s. Looks like MARTA purchased this site around the time they were building out the HRT system.

Peach Bowl Speedway

Old Posted Sep 4, 2020, 3:18 PM

Interesting history.

The reason I don't mind the newish "West Midtown" moniker for area is that it has evolved into something entirely different from what its been in the past as we can see in those photos.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2020, 3:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinman View Post
The reason I don't mind the newish "West Midtown" moniker for area is that it has evolved into something entirely different from what its been in the past as we can see in those photos.
Agreed. It's really become its own cohesive district even though it's still considered parts of three or four different neighborhoods by city.

Old Posted Sep 5, 2020, 2:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3yonce View Post
Agreed. It's really become its own cohesive district even though it's still considered parts of three or four different neighborhoods by city.
That would be a great site for a HRT station someday. I bet that is why they chose the site...

Old Posted Sep 6, 2020, 2:15 PM

Old Posted Sep 6, 2020, 2:33 PM

Solis Interlock dusk rendering

Old Posted Sep 10, 2020, 9:39 PM

South African street food, pizza added to offerings at Chattahoochee Food Works

Quote:
Three new tenants have been added to the food and beverage offerings at forthcoming food hall Chattahoochee Food Works.

Italian concept Pomodoro Bella will serve up pizza and pasta as well as marketplace items such as make-at-home meal kits that will vary weekly, housemade sauces, pasta and Italian desserts. Pomodoro Bella will have a “dough room” where patrons can watch the dough being worked for pizza and pasta dishes, as well as a Forno Bravo oven that will cook pizzas within two minutes. The stall will also feature an ordering window located on the outdoor patio, enabling it to remain open later than the daily food hall hours.
https://www.ajc.com/things-to-do/atl...EMS5CUE5UQUTE/]

Old Posted Sep 18, 2020, 9:38 PM

Site prep begins at Echo Street West

https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/...rry-yards.html

Quote:
Lincoln Property Group has started $17 million in pre-development work at Echo Street West, the revitalization of 19 acres in Atlanta’s English Avenue community.

"We now sit squarely between two tech giants in Georgia Tech and Microsoft," said Tony Bartlett, executive vice president of Lincoln Property, who leads the firm’s commercial activities in Georgia.

Echo Street's first phase includes 285,000 square feet of creative office space, 30,000 square feet of retail and 300 apartments, with about 60 set aside as affordable units. They will be marketed to households at 80% of Area Median Income. The Development Authority of Fulton County unanimously approved property tax breaks for the project. The incentives to develop creative offices amount to just over $6.9 million in tax reductions, while the apartments got almost $3.3 million.

Echo Street West will also feature 3.4 acres of outdoor entertainment and gathering areas and a new Beltline Connector that links with downtown attractions such as Mercedes Benz Stadium. Echo Street West and surrounding areas may one day share characteristics with the popular Eastside Trail, Bartlett said. The Eastside Trail connects Beltline neighborhoods with amenities such as Ponce City Market, Krog Street and the city's best public spaces in Piedmont Park.

Old Posted Sep 21, 2020, 2:50 AM

Some photos of West Midtown projects I took over the weekend

Star Metals

The Interlock

Old Posted Sep 21, 2020, 3:37 PM

Sweet updates.

I haven't been over there lately and I've been wondering about the appearance of the Star Metals office tower. 

Old Posted Sep 21, 2020, 6:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smArTaLlone View Post
These newest crop of photos are really exciting to me. Certain parts of the city are approaching densities to which things start becoming interesting and exciting. That critical mass and thresh hold has been met and it's still full steam ahead.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2020, 8:02 PM

[QUOTE=Ant131531;9048273]Some photos of West Midtown projects I took over the weekend

Star Metals

The shot with Northside is great

Old Posted Sep 22, 2020, 11:53 PM

The Works

Old Posted Sep 23, 2020, 3:23 PM

Echo Street West

Some new renderings have been released.
https://whatnowatlanta.com/updated-r...gets-underway/

Old Posted Sep 23, 2020, 4:52 PM

Connecting Jefferson St (or some other area) to Marietta St via a pedestrian bridge is a must in my opinion. Being able to walk from that area to this would do wonders for their foot traffic.

Old Posted Sep 23, 2020, 5:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlHawks View Post
Connecting Jefferson St (or some other area) to Marietta St via a pedestrian bridge is a must in my opinion. Being able to walk from that area to this would do wonders for their foot traffic.
Railroad crossings are difficult to get implemented, though I agree with the sentiment. Would be nice for a few pedestrian bridges to be planned across our railroads in general.

Old Posted Sep 24, 2020, 2:37 PM

was just thinking the exact same thing. just like the westside provisions JCT bridge. would be PIMP.

Old Posted Sep 24, 2020, 4:21 PM

Good luck! Railroad bridges are rare and require a lot of political legwork/time and years to get movement.

A neighborhood organization needs to have their transportation committee start working on this, get NPU involved, their council rep, state rep and senator all onboard to ever even get the railroad to discuss. They require a lot of political energy!

The next time you are contemplating what the hell went wrong in your life, look in a mirror!

Old Posted Sep 24, 2020, 4:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlriser View Post
Good luck! Railroad bridges are rare and require a lot of political legwork/time and years to get movement.

A neighborhood organization needs to have their transportation committee start working on this, get NPU involved, their council rep, state rep and senator all onboard to ever even get the railroad to discuss. They require a lot of political energy!
Why is that?

Old Posted Sep 24, 2020, 5:05 PM

Study history of the railroads in this country for total answer. Railroad companies have more political power then even energy companies due to national laws dating back 2 centuries. I’ll leave it at that...google it not being smart ass at all. There are volumes of books regarding railroad laws and requirements and very little incentive for them to agree without spending a lot of political energy at all levels of government to get things done with them.

The next time you are contemplating what the hell went wrong in your life, look in a mirror!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta