Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack
It was announced today that the new arena will be called the Centre Slush Puppie!
Naming rights were sold for close to 1.5 million over 10 years.
|
Awesome name!! Financial deal, not so much...
TD Stadium and Arena brings in around $1.2 million per year.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/la...Place,FC%20and%20the%20Ottawa%2067's.
Obviously, Lansdowne naming rights are far more valuable, but I would have expected 300,000 to 400,000 for the new Guertin.
With that said, I hope the City can honour Robert Guertin somehow now that his namesake will be demolished and the replacement will have a corporate name. Frank Clair has a statue at TD Place Stadium. Maybe they could include a park and statue on the old arena lands.
EDIT: wait, your post on the Canada Arena and Stadium thread provides a different figure. Am I missing something?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack
The arena under construction that is to be the new home of the Gatineau Olympiques will be called the Centre Slush Puppie for the first 10 years of its existence.
Naming rights were sold for just under 10 million dollars.
|