Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypherus
Starting to think we have too much green-space in Surrey (i.e. Tynehead, Holland, Green Timbers, Hawthorne, Bear Creek Park, Surrey Bend Park, Redwood Park, and Surrey portion of Burn's Bog. We need a nice theme park with some B&M Rollercoasters and Rocky Mountain Construction (RMC) rollercoasters to change things up and put Playland in its place. Good way to attract people to Surrey than just cheaper housing. But where?....hmmm...
|
I see we are stepping into fantasy land here... Let me join

.
Based purely upon uninformed speculation I would say that a decent place to set up a decently sized theme park could be done between Fleetwood and Cloverdale along the Fraser highway. Lots of land there plus it would be easily accessible by the future Expo line extension towards Langley. However this is said without knowing the location of the OMC yard or if there are any agricultural zoning preservation policies in place.
I do agree that Surrey could start looking into developing more amenities to really become
that destination south of the Fraser river.