Quote:
Originally Posted by rlw777
Speaking of oil-canning glass.
I recently had a chance to talk to someone who installs commercial glazing and I asked them about the "oil canning" effect. I thought some folks here might be interested
They said that oil canning is going to happen on all glass skyscrapers due to pressure differences between the outside air and the inside air. He said oil canning can be reduced by using thicker glass but less oil canning can actually be an indication of a cheaper less efficient glazing system not a more expensive one. The reason that's the case is because of multiple pane options. A more expense and more efficient triple pane system may use thinner individual glass panes than a less efficient double pane system and thus see more oil canning than the cheaper option.
|
Is this something that will be resolved when the building is sealed and the interior climate is controlled?