HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #5281  
Old Posted Jun 30, 2020, 3:24 AM
Kevin_foster's Avatar
Kevin_foster Kevin_foster is offline
Kevin Folds Five
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Edmonton, Canada
Posts: 6,072
Quote:
Originally Posted by s211 View Post
Now THAT's what I wish I could share more often with other forumers in other cities. In this respect, Edmonton thumps Calgary's or Winnipeg's skylines.

EDIT: the version that shows up on reddit, that won't display here for some reason.
I know. Trying to fix....

edit: fixed. But now it's huge.
__________________
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure...
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5282  
Old Posted Jun 30, 2020, 5:41 AM
Coldrsx's Avatar
Coldrsx Coldrsx is online now
Community Guy
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 69,140
It is difficult to capture the length of it, but we need to focus on depth.
__________________
"The destructive effects of automobiles are much less a cause than a symptom of our incompetence at city building" - Jane Jacobs 1961ish

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5283  
Old Posted Jun 30, 2020, 11:23 PM
Coldrsx's Avatar
Coldrsx Coldrsx is online now
Community Guy
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 69,140
__________________
"The destructive effects of automobiles are much less a cause than a symptom of our incompetence at city building" - Jane Jacobs 1961ish

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5284  
Old Posted Jul 1, 2020, 4:00 AM
CMD UW's Avatar
CMD UW CMD UW is offline
Urbis Maximus
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 12,009
No..not bad at all. Love this city.
__________________
"Call me sir, goddammit!"
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5285  
Old Posted Jul 2, 2020, 3:40 AM
Coldrsx's Avatar
Coldrsx Coldrsx is online now
Community Guy
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 69,140
__________________
"The destructive effects of automobiles are much less a cause than a symptom of our incompetence at city building" - Jane Jacobs 1961ish

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5286  
Old Posted Jul 2, 2020, 4:42 PM
s211 s211 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: The People's Glorious Republic of ... Sigh...
Posts: 8,519
^Nice! Is that the usual location for fireworks being set off?
__________________
If it seems I'm ignoring what you may have written in response to something I have written, it's very likely that you're on my Ignore List. Please do not take it personally.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5287  
Old Posted Jul 2, 2020, 5:45 PM
TimB09 TimB09 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 1,526
Is that from last year? I thought The Queen was docked...
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5288  
Old Posted Jul 2, 2020, 6:34 PM
Coldrsx's Avatar
Coldrsx Coldrsx is online now
Community Guy
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 69,140
__________________
"The destructive effects of automobiles are much less a cause than a symptom of our incompetence at city building" - Jane Jacobs 1961ish

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5289  
Old Posted Jul 2, 2020, 6:35 PM
kcantor kcantor is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 2,987
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimB09 View Post
Is that from last year? I thought The Queen was docked...
it might be from any of the last three years:

"Keith Moore
"@kmoorephotos

"Happy Canada Day

"Since there won’t be fireworks downtown tonight I figured I’d share my favourite photos from the last 3 years! Pic 1 - 2017, Pic 2 - 2018, Pic 3 - 2019. #yeg #canadaday #canoncanada"
__________________
"If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5290  
Old Posted Jul 2, 2020, 8:26 PM
TimB09 TimB09 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 1,526
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcantor View Post
it might be from any of the last three years:

"Keith Moore
"@kmoorephotos

"Happy Canada Day

"Since there won’t be fireworks downtown tonight I figured I’d share my favourite photos from the last 3 years! Pic 1 - 2017, Pic 2 - 2018, Pic 3 - 2019. #yeg #canadaday #canoncanada"
Thanks Ken!

Didn't click on the Twitter link. Makes sense now.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5291  
Old Posted Jul 2, 2020, 8:57 PM
kcantor kcantor is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 2,987
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimB09 View Post
Thanks Ken!

Didn't click on the Twitter link. Makes sense now.
not to worry - i know not all hardware or servers allow a link or a twitter connection and i knew it wasn't this year but not which year it was. at least we narrowed it down to one out of three...
__________________
"If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5292  
Old Posted Jul 3, 2020, 3:35 PM
Coldrsx's Avatar
Coldrsx Coldrsx is online now
Community Guy
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 69,140
__________________
"The destructive effects of automobiles are much less a cause than a symptom of our incompetence at city building" - Jane Jacobs 1961ish

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5293  
Old Posted Jul 3, 2020, 4:02 PM
ronron ronron is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 63
The area around the power plant and the Walt are so nicely landscaped and serene (and improving with time), it's a shame that it is not easily accessible. Unless of course, you have a bike, willing to hike, or locate a not-so-obvious vehicle parking spot. #buildthegodola
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5294  
Old Posted Jul 3, 2020, 5:22 PM
s211 s211 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: The People's Glorious Republic of ... Sigh...
Posts: 8,519
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldrsx View Post
So much green!
__________________
If it seems I'm ignoring what you may have written in response to something I have written, it's very likely that you're on my Ignore List. Please do not take it personally.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5295  
Old Posted Jul 3, 2020, 5:23 PM
Coldrsx's Avatar
Coldrsx Coldrsx is online now
Community Guy
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 69,140
So much opportunity!
__________________
"The destructive effects of automobiles are much less a cause than a symptom of our incompetence at city building" - Jane Jacobs 1961ish

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5296  
Old Posted Jul 3, 2020, 11:04 PM
YUNEMUS's Avatar
YUNEMUS YUNEMUS is offline
Yunus Üstünol
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 301
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldrsx View Post
So much opportunity!
In Edmonton or In Alberta??
__________________
My Photos

🆈🆄🅽🆄🆂 🆄🆂🆃🆄🅽🅾🅻

SnowMan in SkyscraperCity
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5297  
Old Posted Jul 3, 2020, 11:56 PM
Coldrsx's Avatar
Coldrsx Coldrsx is online now
Community Guy
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 69,140
E-town
__________________
"The destructive effects of automobiles are much less a cause than a symptom of our incompetence at city building" - Jane Jacobs 1961ish

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5298  
Old Posted Jul 6, 2020, 9:05 PM
YUNEMUS's Avatar
YUNEMUS YUNEMUS is offline
Yunus Üstünol
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 301
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldrsx View Post
E-town
?????
__________________
My Photos

🆈🆄🅽🆄🆂 🆄🆂🆃🆄🅽🅾🅻

SnowMan in SkyscraperCity
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5299  
Old Posted Jul 7, 2020, 2:46 AM
Doppelganger Doppelganger is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by YUNEMUS View Post
?????
E-town is slang for Edmonton, Yunemus.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5300  
Old Posted Jul 7, 2020, 4:25 AM
mcc16 mcc16 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 765
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimB09 View Post
Is that from last year? I thought The Queen was docked...
From about a week ago. Beside whitemud creek just east of whitemud drive.

Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 8:30 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.