HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Business & the Economy


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #14821  
Old Posted Jun 17, 2020, 6:43 AM
officedweller officedweller is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 41,798
Winners Cambie & 8th has a big Quarantine Zone for clothes that have been tried on.

Pic by me today.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #14822  
Old Posted Jun 18, 2020, 3:04 AM
ryanmaccdn ryanmaccdn is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by officedweller View Post
Winners Cambie & 8th has a big Quarantine Zone for clothes that have been tried on.

Pic by me today.
Should keep that full time, considering the filth that shop at winners.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #14823  
Old Posted Jun 18, 2020, 7:18 AM
officedweller officedweller is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 41,798
The Granville store is a bit smelly...
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #14824  
Old Posted Jun 18, 2020, 2:57 PM
s211 s211 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: The People's Glorious Republic of ... Sigh...
Posts: 8,519
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanmaccdn View Post
Should keep that full time, considering the filth that shop at winners.
OK, that was uncalled for.
__________________
If it seems I'm ignoring what you may have written in response to something I have written, it's very likely that you're on my Ignore List. Please do not take it personally.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #14825  
Old Posted Jun 18, 2020, 4:19 PM
scryer scryer is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 1,964
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanmaccdn View Post
Should keep that full time, considering the filth that shop at winners.
LMAO and I thought that I had some shady posts in the past..
__________________
There is a housing crisis, and we simply need to speak up about it.

Pinterest - I use this social media platform to easily add pictures into my posts on this forum. Plus there are great architecture and city photos out there as well.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #14826  
Old Posted Jun 18, 2020, 4:44 PM
WarrenC12's Avatar
WarrenC12 WarrenC12 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: East OV!
Posts: 24,725
Quote:
Originally Posted by scryer View Post
LMAO and I thought that I had some shady posts in the past..
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #14827  
Old Posted Jun 18, 2020, 9:59 PM
dreambrother808 dreambrother808 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarrenC12 View Post
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
Yes, who hasn’t shopped at Winners?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #14828  
Old Posted Jun 22, 2020, 12:46 AM
s211 s211 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: The People's Glorious Republic of ... Sigh...
Posts: 8,519
Elysian on Broadway has opened again, but under reduced hours. Something like 9-3 only.
__________________
If it seems I'm ignoring what you may have written in response to something I have written, it's very likely that you're on my Ignore List. Please do not take it personally.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #14829  
Old Posted Jun 22, 2020, 1:15 AM
SpongeG's Avatar
SpongeG SpongeG is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Coquitlam
Posts: 40,124
are there any starbucks open in the afternoons?

I finish work at 4 and I often want to pick up a drink for the commute home, but when I look up the hours most of the stores in Vancouver on my way home close between 2 pm and 4 pm. There are a few in Coquitlam that close at 6 pm but I am already home by then, lol.

I hope this is not the new normal. I ended up going to Richmond yesterday cause there was a store open till 6. I wanted to go to Structube anyway, which had a long line up to get inside. So the Starbucks was handy at least on the route. But all the Vancouver stores were closed at around 5 pm when I was headed that way.
__________________
belowitall
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #14830  
Old Posted Jun 22, 2020, 1:17 AM
Vin Vin is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 8,739
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpongeG View Post
are there any starbucks open in the afternoons?

I finish work at 4 and I often want to pick up a drink for the commute home, but when I look up the hours most of the stores in Vancouver on my way home close between 2 pm and 4 pm. There are a few in Coquitlam that close at 6 pm but I am already home by then, lol.

I hope this is not the new normal. I ended up going to Richmond yesterday cause there was a store open till 6. I wanted to go to Structube anyway, which had a long line up to get inside. So the Starbucks was handy at least on the route. But all the Vancouver stores were closed at around 5 pm when I was headed that way.
Time to switch to a local chain, perhaps?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #14831  
Old Posted Jun 22, 2020, 2:20 AM
SpongeG's Avatar
SpongeG SpongeG is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Coquitlam
Posts: 40,124
i don't go for coffee lol i only drink the chai, I've tried every indie coffee place, plus jj bean, 49th, matchstick etc and I don't like their chais.
__________________
belowitall
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #14832  
Old Posted Jun 22, 2020, 4:29 PM
WarrenC12's Avatar
WarrenC12 WarrenC12 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: East OV!
Posts: 24,725
Quote:
Originally Posted by s211 View Post
Elysian on Broadway has opened again, but under reduced hours. Something like 9-3 only.
Finally.. had a nice coffee there on Friday.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #14833  
Old Posted Jun 23, 2020, 11:59 PM
officedweller officedweller is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 41,798
It says they hope to open some locations by the first week of July.
Also, I walked past the "Yaletown Express" location and it looked like equipment had been removed from that location, though it was hard to see inside.

Steve Nash Fitness World rebrands, drops the Steve Nash name
https://www.tricitynews.com/news/steve-n...cle_page&utm_medium=recommended_articles
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #14834  
Old Posted Jun 24, 2020, 2:31 AM
bluefox's Avatar
bluefox bluefox is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by officedweller View Post
Steve Nash Fitness World rebrands, drops the Steve Nash name
https://www.tricitynews.com/news/steve-n...cle_page&utm_medium=recommended_articles
I'm sure Steve Nash is somewhere right now thinking "in the end, you bastards sued me for nothing"...
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #14835  
Old Posted Jun 24, 2020, 2:35 AM
officedweller officedweller is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 41,798
It was the other way around - Steve Nash sued and lost.
so I guess they defended the action for nothing...
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #14836  
Old Posted Jun 24, 2020, 3:00 AM
jollyburger jollyburger is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 15,807
Quote:
Originally Posted by officedweller View Post
It was the other way around - Steve Nash sued and lost.
so I guess they defended the action for nothing...
Well they did countersue.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #14837  
Old Posted Jun 24, 2020, 4:52 PM
domusile domusile is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by officedweller View Post
It says they hope to open some locations by the first week of July.
Also, I walked past the "Yaletown Express" location and it looked like equipment had been removed from that location, though it was hard to see inside.

Steve Nash Fitness World rebrands, drops the Steve Nash name
https://www.tricitynews.com/news/steve-n...cle_page&utm_medium=recommended_articles
I received something in the mail a few months ago saying that a school was replacing the Steve Nash. They needed permission from the City for change of use?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #14838  
Old Posted Jun 24, 2020, 5:33 PM
officedweller officedweller is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 41,798
Thanks. Not sure what the current zoning would allow there.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #14839  
Old Posted Jun 24, 2020, 9:08 PM
rofina rofina is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 5,149
Quote:
Originally Posted by officedweller View Post
It says they hope to open some locations by the first week of July.
Also, I walked past the "Yaletown Express" location and it looked like equipment had been removed from that location, though it was hard to see inside.

Steve Nash Fitness World rebrands, drops the Steve Nash name
https://www.tricitynews.com/news/steve-n...cle_page&utm_medium=recommended_articles
No idea how it works, but hopefully they clear up some of the debt owed to all the local small companies.

They sure were greasy asking for credit increase a week before bankruptcy.

Worse yet, CEO remains in place post bankruptcy, I don't think that's ok.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #14840  
Old Posted Jun 24, 2020, 9:55 PM
officedweller officedweller is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 41,798
Yeah, each reorganization is different.
I don't think they actually went bankrupt, so hopefully creditors were paid.

************

No surprise as they were quite expensive:

Health retailer GNC files for bankruptcy; 29 Canadian stores to close
https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/health-ret...cy-29-canadian-stores-to-close-1.4997658
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Business & the Economy
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 5:19 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.