Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavlov
But to be fair, you spend vastly more time and energy posting about your disagreement re the extreme fringe "SJW" rhetoric than you do posting about your agreement with the non-extreme criticisms of the status quo shared by the vast majority of people (like me) who generally support concerns about discrimination and inequality in our society. So I don't think it is that surprising that some posters "jump to conclusions".
(And for the record, as I think you know, I value you as a poster - for what little that is worth to you!)
|
I don't think we can draw much valid conclusions by weighing a SSPer's various fields of activity against each other. The different sizes of each of those will be mostly a result of happenstance (if a conversation happens to start on X then there will be a bunch of posting about X) over anything else, and will have little correlation with the real weighing of priorities.
Looking (for example) at MolsonEx's recent posting history, one could "jump to the conclusion" that he finds unidriveways or the looks of Laval's Résidence Soleil to be issues of much greater import than, say, pipelines/the Alberta Tarsands, or Trump as the Leader of the Free World.
If you stop and think about it though, clearly that can't be the case. It just looks that way at first sight because he happens to mostly post about these things, for whatever reason. (This forum is a hobby for most of us; we don't have to justify anything.)
So, to sum it up - anything I say here is what I really think, but there's no real way for you guys to know how truly devoted I am to whatever it is I'm saying. (Unless you ask

That's the way to know.)
For a real-life example, recall when the city of Brantford, Ontario decided to raze one side of its main street? It got discussed on SSP before anything really happened. I was extremely vocal against it (still think it was a horrifically stupid thing to do) but in the end part of me figured "well, it's their city, if they want to destroy it, why should I let this affect me?" and I did not lift a finger to try to do anything against it - I contented myself with (a decent amount of) ranting online about how dumb it was. Meanwhile in real life I was doing various things to advance whatever my priorities of the time were.