Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack
Not a fan of CTV News in general but lately they actually seem more balanced than the CBC.
|
Agree with both points on my end. Can't stand CTV but CBC's late fixation on the narrative that police are violent racists has become overdone to me, though some will certainly disagree. Though I'd argue the once-vaunted BBC is significantly worse these days, in terms of obvious bias.
Still, though, the state of news media in the States is all the evidence we need for the value of an impartial national news agency as a backstop against spiralling bias and sensationalism. The CBC'S abdication, to some degree, of its duty to impartiality shouldn't be reason for its abolition. Rather, I believe an independent bias Ombudsman should be appointed to report annually on editorial bias and recommend strategies to re-centre when it drifts to one side or the other.
I know it's still not a silver bullet, but I think it's the best solution available to ensure an viable, impartial national broadcaster.