HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #9  
Old Posted Jun 21, 2020, 2:55 AM
urbandreamer's Avatar
urbandreamer urbandreamer is offline
recession proof
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 4,656
I passed a small BLM protest in Listowel on my way to Kincardine today: very amusing to see it has trickled down to small town Canada.

Oscar Peterson is buried next to my ancestors: he was an Anglican so that should settle his view on LGBT. Last weekend I was in another old cemetery near Lake Erie where rests a former slave's family who escaped from Virgina to Canada c.1850s.

Many of my Amercian ancestors were Confederates, some whom had statues around the South. While I wish I'd seen them, a missing statue doesn't mean I'll forget my ancestors' battles. Think of the Lost Cause as something similar to how the Quebecois view the Plains of Abraham: ancient but never forgotten history. (One of my Canadian ancestors fought at the PofA, on the winning side.)
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 8:11 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.