Quote:
Originally Posted by saffronleaf
Yup, it feels like the Cultural Revolution is happening.
And yes, it is very cult like.
Probably to the benefit of no one. Seems more like a matter of elite competition.
|
No one is getting killed like in the Cultural Revolution, but it does seem that livelihoods are being destroyed.
I am somewhat of a 'light' Twitter user... I check it to keep tabs on news, sports, weather and other goings on. I don't really follow any kind of ideological Twitter. But some of the people I follow, people who post interesting parenting stuff, for example, have gone off the deep end with this, hurling indignant accusations over minor transgressions. People are getting doxxed for dumb things they said when they were in junior high 10 years ago, that sort of stuff.
It does seem as though there is no longer any disincentive when it comes to moderating critical impulses... the only way to get ahead in this game is to be the most indignant, most outraged voice possible.