Quote:
Originally Posted by trueviking
the exchange has height limits. 8 stories i think. So does waterfront drive. 10 stories i think.
Very interesting Biff. Can't wait to find out.
|
I thought that it was lower on Waterfront? Something about the street environment and preserving views for potential builds behind? Currently the tallest building on Waterfront is 8 storeys (Excelsior), nothing else above 6 IIRC. You'd think more of these buildings would've gone up higher if that was the case. I guess presumably there's podium/setback requirements on the street though, and because so many of those lots are really thin it just makes it impossible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by plrh
Isn't there still a proposal for some red and white thing, about 4 or 5 storeys and lots of square in the facade proposed on the east part of McDermot?
I was reading in the WCA construction reports a couple of months ago it was still proceeding, I think with a 2021 start date. Would the new proposal be a rework of that?
|
TV might have more info as it came from his firm but I'm pretty sure that was a spec design for Skip before they decided on TNS. They were considering Exchange, Forks, and TNS initially. Would be delighted, but surprised, if this was still happening.