Quote:
Originally Posted by Truenorth00
Find me one range instructor who would agree with you. I'll wait. Aside from ricochet risk, there's a real risk you actually miss, especially when you're using a handgun, not a rifle. Gotta wonder how many times you actually fired that weapon when you were in.
|
If you're on a busy street with bystanders everywhere around you, then yeah, that changes the scenario a bit, and maybe in that case you can justify 4-6 bullets in the chest over 4-6 bullets at legs height with some of them ricocheting. It wouldn't be the case for that Edmundston woman, though.
I already agreed with all instructors that _if_ you have decided you need deadly force in a split second or else it's you who'll die, then yes, aiming for the chest and firing a bunch of times is the safest and most reliable thing to do. I said that already in my reply to MonctonRad.
I don't see that the one and only thing a cop can possibly hope to do with their firearm is to kill the suspect dead.
And yes, I fired several different weapons countless times, mostly over one full summer, and occasionally over a few years. This was a while ago, of course, but I would still feel confident with a — facing someone who only has a knife, and am pretty sure I would find ways to not have to kill them immediately.