Posted May 28, 2020, 8:53 PM
|
|
Registered User
|
|
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 1,040
|
|
This was my first walk around the river with the leaves out and flowers in full bloom. I've been extremely pessimistic about downtown Saskatoon with all of the crime that's happened over the last 12 months, but seeing and smelling everything in full bloom, seeing all of the activity both construction wise and people wise running and walking dogs around the meewasin trail has really uplifted my soul about the future of Saskatoon. I love the pictures from the west side meewasin trail - the lower view really captures how beautiful our downtown actually is - but most fail to see as we never fully see it with it being so low elevation wise. I did elevate the photos quite a bit, but I promise the greenery around the downtown is close to the same right now - it is exceptionally beautiful downtown right now and we have a shifting south downtown that is the envy of a lot of cities. This photos remind me of a few larger cities I've visited over the last few years from around the world, but the one thing those cities have is a lot more concrete to make room for the increased amount of population on trails.
I'm excited for all of the things that are about to happen downtown - the new Official Community Plan that's going to hopefully push our larger landowners downtown to actually develop their parking lots, the "Feature Building" seen in the last photo, the development of a restaurant in the pumphouse (The Keg?, let's start that rumour), sales of the remaining parcels of land in the south downtown, the arena convention center, the exceptional library, and more. I've lived in Saskatoon for ten years now, and the next 5 years are probably going to see more construction than the last 15.
|