HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia

Old Posted May 15, 2020, 1:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deedub35 View Post
I watched that video. From some of the shots you can see where the sun is - just rising over the eastern horizon. Sunrise is like around 5:00 am. Of course there will be no traffic. If he were to do the same shots a few hours later it would be a totally different scene. The media has spun it to seem that Kelowna is a ghost town - well we all know that's far from the truth.
I said the same thing when I saw the video. Great looking video! But very misleading. Kelowna is far from a ghost town.

Old Posted May 17, 2020, 2:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twindragon View Post
I said the same thing when I saw the video. Great looking video! But very misleading. Kelowna is far from a ghost town.
Agreed there is some sensationalizing the Quarantine for sure, but very cool to be able to focus on the buildings and scenery without cars and pedestrians moving about. A different view point for sure.

Old Posted May 17, 2020, 4:53 PM

1940 Underhill Street

Looks like site preparations are underway at 1940 Underhill St (former SD 23 admin site across from Orchard Park mall). Trees have all been felled and there is a demolition sign up in front of the old school district building. I believe three 6 storey apartment buildings are going to go up on the site. I had heard somewhere that the developer also had plans for a couple highrises on or adjacent to that site. Has anybody ever seen any renderings for those?

Old Posted May 17, 2020, 5:29 PM

Clement Ave area developments

Did a drive down Clement this morning and took some quick shots of everything going on along that corridor. Apologize for the poor quality, it was raining and I was in my car. Going from East to West:

Canco gas bar and car wash

Industrial? buildings and four laning work between Graham and Richter streets

Packers Junction at corner of Richter and Clement

Apartment building across from Packers Junction and kitty corner to the RCMP detachment

Apartment building on the South side of Clement next to the recently completed St. Paul apartment building

Ellis Parc at the corner of Ellis and Clement, really starting to be able to visualize what this will look like when complete!

Really looking forward to seeing what that area looks like when everything under construction/proposed is completed.

Old Posted May 17, 2020, 5:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homerbush View Post
Looks like site preparations are underway at 1940 Underhill St (former SD 23 admin site across from Orchard Park mall). Trees have all been felled and there is a demolition sign up in front of the old school district building. I believe three 6 storey apartment buildings are going to go up on the site. I had heard somewhere that the developer also had plans for a couple highrises on or adjacent to that site. Has anybody ever seen any renderings for those?
Havent found anything on the potential towers rendering wise, a bit of a more modern twist on the 3 lowrise buildings at 1940 Underhill.

Development Pemrit application: http://apps.kelowna.ca/CityPage/DevA...0St%201940.pdf

Old Posted May 19, 2020, 7:19 AM
ARTchitecture

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdave View Post
Very nice progress on Clement Ave projects and Brooklyn!
One Water East tower will top off in a month and I also drove through the area today and it looks like the 4 laning of clement could be done by the end of summer.

Here's a shot from this past weekend:
Seriously stunning. Had to quote to the new page.

Mohkínstsis — 1.6 million people at the Foothills of the Rocky Mountains, 400 high-rises, a 300-metre SE to NW climb, over 1000 kilometres of pathways, with 20% of the urban area as parkland.

Old Posted May 19, 2020, 8:06 PM

Development site updates

Noticed today that fencing has been put around the site for Sole Rutland at the Bach and Rutland rd. intersection, and an excavator is on site as well. Wasn't there on the weekend, so looks like that development might get underway soon.

http://solerutland.com/floor-plans/

Also, on way to Vernon yesterday, noticed that the Traction Heavy Duty parts building on the corner of Sexsmith and Hwy 97 has been demolished. Council just approved the Chevron/Triple-O's project that is going on that site.

https://www.kelownacapnews.com/news/...mate-concerns/

Old Posted May 25, 2020, 3:11 AM

Downtown is getting a nice little cluster of towers.

Last edited by LFC; May 25, 2020 at 11:58 AM.

Old Posted May 25, 2020, 10:54 AM
be nice to the crackheads

Nice vantage point. It'll look even more impressive once One Water's second tower, Brooklyn and Landmark 7 are done.

Old Posted May 25, 2020, 12:28 PM

Please tell me where that vantage point is and I will get a shot with my telephoto lens next time I’m there.

Old Posted May 25, 2020, 12:54 PM

It's from Harvest; a golf course in East Kelowna. There are killer views of the city from a lot of areas up there. My friend had her wedding at Kitsch's Wines last summer (it's that massive house behind the course), and that place has some really nice views.

Old Posted May 25, 2020, 1:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by giallo View Post
It's from Harvest; a golf course in East Kelowna. There are killer views of the city from a lot of areas up there. My friend had her wedding at Kitsch's Wines last summer (it's that massive house behind the course), and that place has some really nice views.
Yup, some great views from East Kelowna.

Metro, take K.L.O rd east off Benvoulin rd, at McCullouch pub stay straight and the road turns into McCoullouch rd and it takes you above the Harvest Golf Club.

Old Posted May 25, 2020, 3:51 PM

I was driving back from Gallagher’s around 6:30 last night after golfing and the view was amazing. The sun was peaking through the few clouds casting god rays across the lake and I thought to myself this would be the perfect time for someone to take a photo with a capable camera.

Old Posted May 26, 2020, 12:25 AM

Awesome, thanks for the notes guys!

I still hope to make it there this August, but with Canada on Japan’s expanding no re-entry list for non Japanese residents, I worry it may have to wait for next year...

Old Posted May 28, 2020, 5:24 PM

Nice shot that I saw on Instagram, really showing off the cluster of newly completed and under construction towers on the north end of downtown:

Kelowna by csbvancouver, on Flickr
Source: https://www.instagram.com/searchingformymuse/

Old Posted May 28, 2020, 5:48 PM

City planners giving reccomendation for approval of the Development permit for the 17 story office, and a Development variance permit to go 34 stories on the residential tower.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelown...project#301173

Old Posted May 28, 2020, 8:45 PM

Brooklyn

Ella

Ellis Parc

One Water Street & Ellis Parc

Landmark 7

The Shore

Old Posted May 28, 2020, 8:58 PM

Fantastic update! Thank you. I expect that Brooklyn really starts to rise fast now that it is above the parking podium.

Old Posted May 29, 2020, 6:52 AM

Excellent update, kev. Thanks!

Old Posted May 29, 2020, 11:46 PM
YouTube Creator

[Deleted]

Last edited by Reecemartin; Nov 18, 2020 at 1:15 AM.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia