It's actually -500 ft. now. They're building a giant hole, below the Metro North tracks.
They may as well just go for a world record and build the first center of the earth scaper, a few thousand miles deep. If anyone can do it JP Morgan Chase can
Here's another overview of the site. JPMC had to reconstruct the newly built portion of the concourse between 47th and 48th Streets, the portion which 270 Park sits above.
I don't know how it affects the graphic. They won't be building a typical new foundation here, but reinforcing the existing foundation, and that work has to be completed by next year.
So depressing to see those empty streets. I miss the gridlock, I miss the escalators not working during the 8 am rush hour, I miss the guy yelling on the corner with the broken headphones.
All the towers, but its nothing without the street life.
Possibly in a way, 270 Park is a metaphor of the old New York coming down, and a New New York rising. After the gloomy, shadow period is over, I hope we see a glorious boom, even stronger, that showers the city with towers and further density.