HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #2441  
Old Posted Mar 19, 2020, 10:31 PM
Siriusb's Avatar
Siriusb Siriusb is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Charlottetown
Posts: 1,532
Proposed nine-storey UPEI residence going to public meeting, date to be determined

https://www.theguardian.pe.ca/news/local...ic-meeting-date-to-be-determined-425999/

If there is anything that will kill a project, it's public input. The questions I'm sure will be quite interesting indeed. Why go through this process for this important project, especially at this point and time?
Get on with this project!!!

Last edited by Siriusb; Mar 20, 2020 at 3:16 PM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2442  
Old Posted Mar 20, 2020, 11:34 PM
Siriusb's Avatar
Siriusb Siriusb is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Charlottetown
Posts: 1,532


Well, there goes the new developments! The NIMBY folks should be very happy!!

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/prince-ed...uction-industry-impact-covid19-1.5504516
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2443  
Old Posted Mar 21, 2020, 5:12 AM
Trickle Trickle is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siriusb View Post


Well, there goes the new developments! The NIMBY folks should be very happy!!

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/prince-ed...uction-industry-impact-covid19-1.5504516
This time I disagree. I think it’s a good idea that the workers stay in so they don’t get sick.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2444  
Old Posted Mar 22, 2020, 1:22 PM
Siriusb's Avatar
Siriusb Siriusb is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Charlottetown
Posts: 1,532
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickle View Post
This time I disagree. I think it’s a good idea that the workers stay in so they don’t get sick.
Where did I say they should continue to work? I was simply pointing out the impact COVID-19 had on new constuction and the link pointing to it. Never said they should keep working.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2445  
Old Posted Mar 23, 2020, 3:30 AM
Trickle Trickle is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siriusb View Post
Where did I say they should continue to work? I was simply pointing out the impact COVID-19 had on new constuction and the link pointing to it. Never said they should keep working.
I mean, you kinda hinted to you not liking it with the emoji and stuff.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2446  
Old Posted Mar 27, 2020, 1:40 PM
Sasha Sasha is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Outside Charlottetown
Posts: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny golden View Post
Too bad. Most municipalities want more density and increased tax base. They're lucky the developers didn't pull out all together and invest their money elsewhere.
More sprawl, awsome.
Even when condos are built they are mostly "high-density sprawl" anyway. Even the old suburbs of Toronto with their tight-packed houses are better in every way then uninspiring condo buildings surrounded by parking lots.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2447  
Old Posted Apr 8, 2020, 12:59 AM
Siriusb's Avatar
Siriusb Siriusb is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Charlottetown
Posts: 1,532
P.E.I. construction industry adapts, adopts safety protocols in midst of COVID-19

The Guardian

Sam Sanderson, president of the Construction Association of P.E.I., says his organization has worked with builders and representatives from public health to develop a guide for job sites operating in the midst of the pandemic.



https://www.theguardian.pe.ca/business/l...l&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1586293437
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2448  
Old Posted Apr 10, 2020, 11:11 AM
Siriusb's Avatar
Siriusb Siriusb is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Charlottetown
Posts: 1,532
The steel is up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy1 View Post
The storage facility in West Royalty looks to be 3 storeys as opposed to the 5 storeys from earlier renderings.

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2449  
Old Posted Apr 14, 2020, 12:04 AM
Siriusb's Avatar
Siriusb Siriusb is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Charlottetown
Posts: 1,532
Work continues on this project. The underground parking is nearly completed



Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2450  
Old Posted Apr 14, 2020, 3:14 PM
Siriusb's Avatar
Siriusb Siriusb is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Charlottetown
Posts: 1,532
Development plans continue in Stratford despite pandemic

The Guardian

While town development is currently on hold, plans to develop Stratford aren't slowing down.......

https://www.theguardian.pe.ca/news/local...l&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1586790969
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2451  
Old Posted Apr 15, 2020, 12:03 AM
Siriusb's Avatar
Siriusb Siriusb is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Charlottetown
Posts: 1,532
Apartments behind Mall

Construction continues, albeit slowly but it continues.


Last edited by Siriusb; Apr 15, 2020 at 1:12 AM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2452  
Old Posted Apr 15, 2020, 12:17 AM
Siriusb's Avatar
Siriusb Siriusb is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Charlottetown
Posts: 1,532
The Liv on Passmore



Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2453  
Old Posted Apr 23, 2020, 12:59 AM
Siriusb's Avatar
Siriusb Siriusb is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Charlottetown
Posts: 1,532
Gower St Update

The roof is almost on at the Gower St four floor apartment
portion of this project. Soon they will have it closed in and
work on the inside will continue.

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2454  
Old Posted Apr 23, 2020, 1:05 AM
Siriusb's Avatar
Siriusb Siriusb is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Charlottetown
Posts: 1,532
Charlottetown Mall - New Brick Location

I believe this is right, as stated in the title this is a new location
for Brick which is next to the Sportschek entrance at the rear of the mall.
Not what we wanted as we would rather new shops and not
old ones just moving around.

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2455  
Old Posted Apr 23, 2020, 1:22 AM
josh_cat_eyes's Avatar
josh_cat_eyes josh_cat_eyes is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Moncton NB
Posts: 2,762
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siriusb View Post
Charlottetown Mall - New Brick Location

I believe this is right, as stated in the title this is a new location
for Brick which is next to the Sportschek entrance at the rear of the mall.
Not what we wanted as we would rather new shops and not
old ones just moving around.

I imagine the rent here would be quite a bit less than their current location. And really for a furniture store, as long as its near some retail, it doesn’t need to be in a high visibility location. It’s probably easier to fill their current location so I’m happy there is someone willing to open in the back of the mall.
__________________
We The People
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2456  
Old Posted Apr 23, 2020, 1:40 PM
Siriusb's Avatar
Siriusb Siriusb is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Charlottetown
Posts: 1,532
Quote:
Originally Posted by josh_cat_eyes View Post
I imagine the rent here would be quite a bit less than their current location. And really for a furniture store, as long as its near some retail, it doesn’t need to be in a high visibility location. It’s probably easier to fill their current location so I’m happy there is someone willing to open in the back of the mall.
I agree! It will start filling that back parking lot with more traffic. With the ongoing developments and proposed projects in that area, it will be good for the business. 👍
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2457  
Old Posted Apr 23, 2020, 1:43 PM
Siriusb's Avatar
Siriusb Siriusb is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Charlottetown
Posts: 1,532
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siriusb View Post
Proposed nine-storey UPEI residence going to public meeting, date to be determined

https://www.theguardian.pe.ca/news/local...ic-meeting-date-to-be-determined-425999/

If there is anything that will kill a project, it's public input. The questions I'm sure will be quite interesting indeed. Why go through this process for this important project, especially at this point and time?
Get on with this project!!!
Anyone hear anything more on this project. I fear it might get cancelled!!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2458  
Old Posted Apr 23, 2020, 2:49 PM
apollo apollo is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 63
@Siriusb...I believe they are having a virtual public meeting soon but the process is just a formality at this point...The project is intended for the 2023 Canada Winter Games so there's no fear in this not going ahead.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2459  
Old Posted Apr 25, 2020, 2:23 PM
Siriusb's Avatar
Siriusb Siriusb is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Charlottetown
Posts: 1,532
Quote:
Originally Posted by apollo View Post
@Siriusb...I believe they are having a virtual public meeting soon but the process is just a formality at this point...The project is intended for the 2023 Canada Winter Games so there's no fear in this not going ahead.
PUBLIC MEETING AGENDA NOTICE OF MEETING
Tuesday, April 28, 2020 at 6:00 p.m.


Looks like a go for the meeting!! I have one thing to say about it though,

I don't know who did the rendering but this will be the ugliest building in Charlottetown if it's used. How the heck it
went from being contemporary to this ugliness is beyond me. It needs to change!!

PLEASE CHANGE IT!!


Last edited by Siriusb; Apr 25, 2020 at 2:47 PM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2460  
Old Posted Apr 25, 2020, 2:39 PM
Siriusb's Avatar
Siriusb Siriusb is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Charlottetown
Posts: 1,532
Kia Update

The new Kia buildling on Allen St. is well underway. The foundation is in and the brick work is underway.

Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 6:49 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.