HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Transportation & Infrastructure


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #10  
Old Posted Mar 5, 2020, 2:12 AM
someone123's Avatar
someone123 someone123 is online now
hähnchenbrüstfiletstüc
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 35,989
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hali87 View Post
KWC's LRT system on the other hand seems to have gone well but I never hear about it outside of SSP.
It was a while ago and I don't know where I read it but I recall reading travel time predictions for the Kitchener LRT and they were extremely modest, as in something like 7 mins saved for some long-ish trips exactly following the route. Not sure if that was travel time or travel and wait time.

I rarely see a clear analysis of a transit system that looks at the cost versus difference in service levels.

It is true that with LRT vs. buses there are some advantages that are difficult to quantify. Mainly comfort/appeal and permanence of the infrastructure. These days there's also the question of saving on operating costs through automation. It is technically feasible in 2020 to have a system that isn't 100% separated yet is still automated.
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Transportation & Infrastructure
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 7:23 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.