Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidVistaChino
https://www.alamy.com/stock-photo-santa-...ation-authority-light-rail-13574586.html
You’re right about light rail.
San Jose used to have one of the ugliest downtowns ANYWHERE!
Light rail has revitalized its downtown and turned it into a very attractive destination full of chic restaurants, clubs and shops, not to mention the lovely trees that shade its routes, WITHOUT congesting downtown automobile and bicycle traffic.
In fact, for many people, taking light rail to downtown is highly preferable to and easier than driving downtown.
|
Heh, my hometown.
I agree with everything you said about SJ's light rail system. In my opinion, it does give downtown a lot more life. I had some friends come from LA to visit me and they commented that they thought it was really cool having light rail trains going around downtown. Also, I went to school at SJSU and I know other students did in fact use the light rail to commute to school. I still prefer to drive down there than take public transportation though
It would be awesome to have a reliable system like this in Austin AND (SJ doesn't have this year) connecting it to the airport.
Btw, the photo you sent is pretty old. They changed downtown SJ a lot more now by adding a lot of bike lanes, new lighting and adding some barriers so pedestrians don't walk on the railing of the trains