^^ You seemed to have missed the part that I was responding to which is that isaidso doesn't feel that having other parts of a city be vibrant and pedestrian friendly is an acceptable excuse for having any parts that aren't. Based on his earlier comments he wouldn't accept the idea of routing traffic away from one area in order to improve the other if it resulted in the area where the traffic becoming unattractive. And l have to be honest here. Other than the views of other things
from the Gardiner, the expressway is the epitome of unattractive, regardless of its origins.
To be fair, I don't totally disagree with him. I've never been to BC so I haven't experienced W Georgia St. in person, but based on street view, it seems that it's mostly highrise towers-in-the-park. He's probably right that it doesn't seem very urban and more could have been done to make the street vibrant and inviting to pedestrians. Most cities have areas where that's the case. I'm not totally convinced of the idea that a city shouldn't be allowed to have any unattractive or utilitarian areas even if most of it is attractive, but when it comes to very prominent, highly-visible areas, well, I find it less acceptable for them to be automobile sewers.
But with that being said, i don't want to stir up any more drama between the two of you.