Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberjet
Regarding insurance. You can buy insurance for basically anything. It's just the upfront cost. Singers insure their voices, athletes insure their bodies.
I have vehicle replacement insurance, from a private company not MPI's junk, that will pay me the full value of an equivalent brand new vehicle in the event mine is written off. For years to come. Even if my vehicle if worth half as much as a brand new one.
Since people like to crash into me, I paid the upfront cost to save me the headaches later. 3 vehicles in 5 years written off due to stupid people crashing into me. All in the Lag and Reenders area which I frequent quite a bit. None of them my fault. There was a 4th accident that was minor, again not my fault.
|
Sorry but no...
Exchange buildings are not insured for “replacement cost”.
I don’t and am unaware of anyone who does. A policy for a $30,000 auto is very different than a multimillion dollar building. Most owners will place lability, rental interruption, content and some building cost. The loss of the Jarvis Bldg to fire for example would be north of $20,000,000 to replace. As it was bought for less than $1,000,000 they will be lucky to get enough for the full demo...
I use the example of the purchase of an old boat... insurance will never replace it regardless of what one may think...
I’m just trying provide the forum with the challenges faced by the buildings and the owners...