Quote:
Originally Posted by Vin
For a town centre, that's hardly impressive. Feels like Kingsway or any other typical boring commercial arterial street in the making. They are mostly failures in Vancouver, but we are building new ones here. *face palm*
Au contraire! I think the mall will actually be the saving grace of this badly planned town centre.
|
That's correct, the commercial streets are being added along both sides of Cambie, 49th Ave, 43rd Ave, 41st Ave, and Heather Street.
Outside of the "town centre" is the Heather Lands, Oakridge Transit Centre, the mall itself, Langara lands, and Pearson Dogwood. Conservatively this puts it at 9,000 additional jobs and doubling the population to 60k. I don't know if any of these additional areas (Major project areas) are included in the Plan's forcasting data as they were outside the scope of the plan itself. Doogwood is I think estimated at 3,500 people alone and Oakridge was 6k?