HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive


One Chicago in the SkyscraperPage Database

• Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Chicago Skyscraper Diagram

• Map Location
• Chicago Projects & Construction Forum

 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #1941  
Old Posted Jan 31, 2020, 1:35 AM
KWillChicago's Avatar
KWillChicago KWillChicago is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,146
Please tell me their planning a webcam.
     
     
  #1942  
Old Posted Jan 31, 2020, 7:41 PM
r18tdi's Avatar
r18tdi r18tdi is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,896
Interesting underground shot from JDL's insta.
     
     
  #1943  
Old Posted Feb 4, 2020, 3:47 PM
spyguy's Avatar
spyguy spyguy is offline
THAT Guy
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 5,946
Haven't seen this view before

https://onechicagoresidences.com/
     
     
  #1944  
Old Posted Feb 4, 2020, 3:53 PM
rgarri4's Avatar
rgarri4 rgarri4 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,089
I like how they incorporated the balconies here. Doesn't mess with the massing and adds value to the units.
     
     
  #1945  
Old Posted Feb 4, 2020, 5:36 PM
gebs's Avatar
gebs gebs is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: South Loop
Posts: 810
And it's very reassuring that we won't be saddled with the flat setback that we saw a few months ago. I love the way it steps upward.
     
     
  #1946  
Old Posted Feb 4, 2020, 5:54 PM
HomrQT's Avatar
HomrQT HomrQT is offline
All-American City Boy
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Hinsdale / Uptown, Chicago
Posts: 1,956
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgarri4 View Post
I like how they incorporated the balconies here. Doesn't mess with the massing and adds value to the units.
1000% agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by gebs View Post
And it's very reassuring that we won't be saddled with the flat setback that we saw a few months ago. I love the way it steps upward.
More reminiscent of Art Deco and looks great!
     
     
  #1947  
Old Posted Feb 6, 2020, 2:23 AM
SolarWind's Avatar
SolarWind SolarWind is offline
Chicago
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,629
February 5, 2020







     
     
  #1948  
Old Posted Feb 6, 2020, 11:44 AM
Shwayze1994's Avatar
Shwayze1994 Shwayze1994 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Springfield, Missouri
Posts: 223
It’s mind boggling that this was proposed at the end of 2017. These guys don’t play around. At this rate, a year from now it’ll be pretty close to being topped out.
     
     
  #1949  
Old Posted Feb 6, 2020, 1:38 PM
Skyguy_7 Skyguy_7 is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,657
Wow! The tower's shape has become apparent. Great shots!
     
     
  #1950  
Old Posted Feb 9, 2020, 1:41 AM
harryc's Avatar
harryc harryc is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Oak Park, Il
Posts: 14,941
     
     
  #1951  
Old Posted Feb 16, 2020, 8:02 PM
SolarWind's Avatar
SolarWind SolarWind is offline
Chicago
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,629
February 14, 2020









     
     
  #1952  
Old Posted Feb 16, 2020, 9:28 PM
kolchak's Avatar
kolchak kolchak is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 880
Thank you SolarWind - great updates.

I know I'm in the minority here but I'm glade the site is broken up by Bella Luna and that cleaners. Its oddly urban.
     
     
  #1953  
Old Posted Feb 16, 2020, 11:03 PM
harryc's Avatar
harryc harryc is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Oak Park, Il
Posts: 14,941
     
     
  #1954  
Old Posted Feb 17, 2020, 1:42 AM
KWillChicago's Avatar
KWillChicago KWillChicago is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolchak View Post
Thank you SolarWind - great updates.

I know I'm in the minority here but I'm glade the site is broken up by Bella Luna and that cleaners. Its oddly urban.
So funky looking, still cant believe they couldn't buy them out. Just makes me laugh when I see it. I don't know if there's any South park fans here but it reminds me of kenny's house at SoDoSoPa. Lol.
     
     
  #1955  
Old Posted Feb 17, 2020, 5:19 AM
rivernorthlurker rivernorthlurker is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,107
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarWind View Post
February 14, 2020

Walked by the site recently. Already feels like a monster in person. It's going to be unreal soon and I look forward to that.
     
     
  #1956  
Old Posted Feb 17, 2020, 1:34 PM
harryc's Avatar
harryc harryc is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Oak Park, Il
Posts: 14,941
Feb 12













     
     
  #1957  
Old Posted Feb 17, 2020, 2:37 PM
Skyguy_7 Skyguy_7 is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,657
Quote:
Originally Posted by harryc View Post
Feb 12


I just wish it was a building worth saving, like the holdout at Rockefeller Center, now a Magnolia Bakery. Who wants to start a GoFundMe for facade enhancements?

Via "untapped cities"
     
     
  #1958  
Old Posted Feb 17, 2020, 3:18 PM
rgarri4's Avatar
rgarri4 rgarri4 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,089
But guys, Guy Fieri ate there.
     
     
  #1959  
Old Posted Feb 18, 2020, 6:00 PM
Mikelacey45's Avatar
Mikelacey45 Mikelacey45 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Chicago
Posts: 92
So I inbox JDL on instagram and they confirmed the building will be a 1,000ft if Some don’t believe me I can show a screen shot of the messages. I just need help uploading it on here.
     
     
  #1960  
Old Posted Feb 18, 2020, 6:20 PM
trvlr70 trvlr70 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: usa
Posts: 2,245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelacey45 View Post
So I inbox JDL on instagram and they confirmed the building will be a 1,000ft if Some don’t believe me I can show a screen shot of the messages. I just need help uploading it on here.
Well, that's kinda exciting!
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 3:06 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.