Quote:
Originally Posted by marothisu
App is available now. It states 1442 feet, which means this gained 20 feet. 564 units and 200 hotel rooms. Same as before, but 20 feet taller.
|
This is both exciting and disappointing. Exciting because it sounds like they want to build very tall and believe they can build very tall, but disappointing because they may be deliberately staying below Sears. It reminds me of an early design of NYC's Central Park Tower, which was just 1 ft shorter than the WTC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Sky21
Glad it is not..if Sears is going to get topped in this town it should be by something 2k sh...not something that just eeks past it for sake of being tallest in out city. Sears deserves more respect than that.
|
I see where you are coming from, but personally I don't care for this type of "respect". I just want Chicago to have a new tallest building, even if Sears is topped by just 1 ft, because the city hasn't had a new tallest building in 47 years. Am I alone on this?