HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #901  
Old Posted Dec 23, 2019, 5:10 PM
iheartphilly's Avatar
iheartphilly iheartphilly is offline
Philly Rising Up!
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: motherEarth
Posts: 3,263
^^
One is coming to KOP, and you need a lot of open space for the driving range. I don't think TG wants to deviate from that model with a city version.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #902  
Old Posted Dec 23, 2019, 5:15 PM
SEFTA's Avatar
SEFTA SEFTA is offline
Philly Pholly
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 1,289
That's where it belongs
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #903  
Old Posted Dec 23, 2019, 5:41 PM
Redddog Redddog is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 1,769
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEFTA View Post
That's where it belongs
Fair enough.

I do love that place though.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #904  
Old Posted Dec 23, 2019, 5:48 PM
iheartphilly's Avatar
iheartphilly iheartphilly is offline
Philly Rising Up!
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: motherEarth
Posts: 3,263
^^^
I've been to the one in Mt. Laurel. It's nice. Even had a party there. But, it's not one of those things that I would repeat often. Maybe if you get a new driver and want to practice, but I rather work on the game on the greens.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #905  
Old Posted Dec 23, 2019, 6:48 PM
jsbrook jsbrook is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Bala Cynwyd
Posts: 3,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redddog View Post
How about a nice Top Golf?
Big, but I don't think enough space for that. I wonder if one could go by the Delaware. When I lived in New York, we used to go hit golf balls at Chelsea Piers before work. Loved it. https://www.chelseapiers.com/golf/driving-range/overview/ I think they need to be able to extend the stalls and fairway out into the river to make this work in a city.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #906  
Old Posted Dec 23, 2019, 9:41 PM
mcgrath618's Avatar
mcgrath618 mcgrath618 is online now
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Clark Park, Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 4,041
Anything built on the Disney hole needs to be +500 ft. I will pocket protest anything less.

I’m not kidding.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #907  
Old Posted Dec 24, 2019, 3:58 AM
acenturi acenturi is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 352
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redddog View Post
How about a nice Top Golf?
Absolutely wrong location for that type of classless facility (relatively). It would be much better placed in the Stadium District with related type venues (Xfinity Live!, etc.). This location needs something to enhance, not detract from the "Fashion District" across the street.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #908  
Old Posted Dec 24, 2019, 4:05 AM
Urbanthusiat's Avatar
Urbanthusiat Urbanthusiat is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: South Philly
Posts: 1,720
Quote:
Originally Posted by acenturi View Post
Absolutely wrong location for that type of classless facility (relatively). It would be much better placed in the Stadium District with related type venues (Xfinity Live!, etc.). This location needs something to enhance, not detract from the "Fashion District" across the street.
I would LOVE a top golf somewhere around the sports complex.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #909  
Old Posted Dec 24, 2019, 7:05 AM
mcgrath618's Avatar
mcgrath618 mcgrath618 is online now
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Clark Park, Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 4,041
Can someone answer why 140 S Broad has had its front facade covered for about 2 years now?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #910  
Old Posted Dec 24, 2019, 9:01 AM
jsbrook jsbrook is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Bala Cynwyd
Posts: 3,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgrath618 View Post
Can someone answer why 140 S Broad has had its front facade covered for about 2 years now?
?? 140 S. Broad is the Union League. Haven't been by in a month or so, but I have not noticed any longstanding covering.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #911  
Old Posted Dec 24, 2019, 9:25 AM
PurpleWhiteOut PurpleWhiteOut is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 1,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgrath618 View Post
Can someone answer why 140 S Broad has had its front facade covered for about 2 years now?
Do you mean the university of the arts building? Idk the address, but it's 3xx S Broad. I'd been wondering that because it looks bad, but I wouldn't be surprised if they're just doing that to advertise...
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #912  
Old Posted Dec 24, 2019, 1:09 PM
cardeza cardeza is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 1,459
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #913  
Old Posted Dec 24, 2019, 2:29 PM
jsbrook jsbrook is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Bala Cynwyd
Posts: 3,658
It just says all the new construction is leasing up. Post Brothers project at the Atlantic Building is 80% leased (268 apartments) with starting rents of $3,000 for a 1 BR. In the 12 months ending September 2019, 1,788 units were absorbed, compared with 1,611 units during the same period for the year before and rents rose by 2.2%. Vacancy is at a healthy 5.1% for projects that are stabilized.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #914  
Old Posted Dec 24, 2019, 3:28 PM
Aaamazarite's Avatar
Aaamazarite Aaamazarite is offline
Cory Trevor Leahy
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Wash West
Posts: 617
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleWhiteOut View Post
Do you mean the university of the arts building? Idk the address, but it's 3xx S Broad. I'd been wondering that because it looks bad, but I wouldn't be surprised if they're just doing that to advertise...
I've been wondering about this as well. At the end of 2018 UArts announced that it had fundraised $79 MM for alterations of the Terra Bldg and the Gershwin Y and said they're considering building a dorm tower.

Maybe they covered up the facade of that building to make people forget what it looks like so they don't complain when they knock it down for a new dorm tower? The facade cover's permit expires at the end of 2021.

The building is nearly 104 years old, built for the Pennsylvania Taximeter Cab Company, later known as the Penn Garage Company Building, then the Emergency Fleet Building, then became part of Sley's Garage Company. Architect Ballinger has their offices in that building for quite awhile.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #915  
Old Posted Dec 24, 2019, 4:41 PM
mcgrath618's Avatar
mcgrath618 mcgrath618 is online now
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Clark Park, Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 4,041
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleWhiteOut View Post
Do you mean the university of the arts building? Idk the address, but it's 3xx S Broad. I'd been wondering that because it looks bad, but I wouldn't be surprised if they're just doing that to advertise...
Yeah, my bad. No idea why I thought it was 140...

It’s not like the facade was in terrible condition or anything. On Street View it looks great in older photos.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #916  
Old Posted Dec 24, 2019, 5:34 PM
PhilliesPhan's Avatar
PhilliesPhan PhilliesPhan is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 1,365
Does anyone know what’s going on at the SW corner of 38th and Walnut? A barrier is up, and I can see construction equipment on site from the Locust Walk Bridge.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #917  
Old Posted Dec 24, 2019, 6:19 PM
Urbanthusiat's Avatar
Urbanthusiat Urbanthusiat is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: South Philly
Posts: 1,720
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesPhan View Post
Does anyone know what’s going on at the SW corner of 38th and Walnut? A barrier is up, and I can see construction equipment on site from the Locust Walk Bridge.
https://www.thedp.com/article/2019/07/penn-gutmann-guesthouse-trustees-marks-family-writing-center
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #918  
Old Posted Dec 25, 2019, 12:33 AM
SEFTA's Avatar
SEFTA SEFTA is offline
Philly Pholly
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 1,289
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #919  
Old Posted Dec 25, 2019, 1:09 AM
GtownFriend GtownFriend is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Boulder CO
Posts: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEFTA View Post
There is a thread here: http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=205037

Nothing heard since late 2015
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #920  
Old Posted Dec 25, 2019, 3:52 AM
Urbanthusiat's Avatar
Urbanthusiat Urbanthusiat is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: South Philly
Posts: 1,720
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtownFriend View Post
There is a thread here: http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=205037

Nothing heard since late 2015
The building and lot was sold earlier this year: https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases...rtments-for-117-9-million-300867817.html

Not sure if they intend on developing the parking lot or selling it.
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 4:30 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.