HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Business & the Economy

Old Posted Oct 1, 2018, 2:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by misher View Post
Your forgetting the other taxes such as corporate income tax and transfer tax.

Also there’s tax evasion everywhere the current focus is just a PR stunt. Look at all the places that are cash only. Also look at the tips people get. I doubt they pay even half the taxes they should be paying. I doubt the marijuana dispensaries are paying much in tax either.
Funny, most of the restaurants I've been to these days that are "cash only" tend to be ones that cater to one of the markets you keep trying to deflect the blame from for our affordability crisis.

Old Posted Dec 16, 2019, 1:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatnext View Post
Funny, most of the restaurants I've been to these days that are "cash only" tend to be ones that cater to one of the markets you keep trying to deflect the blame from for our affordability crisis.
don't forget cabbies.... cash only and they'll cut u a deal although technology has made that difficult over the years.

I knew a cabbie in Toronto who owned 500k plus house and owned his own plate $$$$. Not bad for 20 years work.

Still not sure how he got away with not paying taxes and having all of that equity.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Business & the Economy