I was asking myself if and or how the BMU was going to be used on this side of the building. The if is answered here, but the how?.. Still trying to figure it out. Do they slowly swing it back and forth then grab the railing?
That's what it was looking like to me. Why did they place it there? Why not place it on the roof and point it upwards instead, for a more consistent look. Or at least point it towards west for less visibility. Currently, it does mess up the otherwise nice and consistent look...
That's what it was looking like to me. Why did they place it there? Why not place it on the roof and point it upwards instead, for a more consistent look. Or at least point it towards west for less visibility. Currently, it does mess up the otherwise nice and consistent look...
If you look around the corner it's glass and you can see the cooling tower inside.
Ah, so it turns out David Chang wasn't just in Vancouver to sample eats with Seth Rogen:
Last week I wrote about Momofuku Noodle Bar and Kawi, the very first and the most recent of David Chang’s restaurant empire in New York City.
That was before universes collided. Just as I filed the column, in a freakish coincidence, I was contacted with this breaking news: Momofuku Noodle Bar will be opening next year in Vancouver House, that tall drink of drama queen on Howe Street. (“It’s stunning. It’s art,” Chang says)
I’m super excited. But, even better, so is Chang...
...“I don’t know of any other city with such a beautiful urban environment, an hour from Whistler and mountains and skiing and you have the ocean right there. I like to fish for chinook,” Chang says.
“It’s amazing year round. A lot of cities don’t have the diversity that’s represented in the food. Vancouver is cool. I love Vancouver. I love Canada in general. There’s nothing not to like about it.”...
What, the wedges between the tower and Granville Bridge are residential?? Doesn't the whole design rationale (the tower being shaped to keep units away from the bridge) kinda fall flat?
Here's the building between the Seymour ramp and the bridge, as seen from the east side of the bridge going south. There is a small ramp now from the bridge to the building, similar to the one on the other side. So, it seems that you will be able to access either side of the bridge from Pacific, or vice versa.